Automobilista Round 6 Melbourne

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 2
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Never going to be able to concentrate around here ;)

3. Ken Jagger

Playing the psychological card already Paul? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Not sure i can race tonight!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Q was good and R was NUTS lol
    clear start, P1, but then after lap or 2 i hit brakes too softly and 2 cars go by, damn!
    while chasing Ken started to lag and once thought i punted him because of that so backed down to 4th even. was measuring my ping on every straight for a while
    and found it stable but still the lag was there allways when had cars close to me.
    More the race went on, less i gave a s**t but stuck at P3.
    There was no pass on Ken who defended wisely and i dont dive bomb. Only way to pass was to dive in, hit side by side rough and move along.
    Think it would have only spoiled great battle. Well done!

gz Paul for win and champ. You would have been unstoppable with better tyres!!
    Thx for series, on top 3 whole year :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

It seems this track neither suited me nor the car. Quali prace caught me a bit by surprise, did not practise it and was on the verge to improve by 0.7 sec, but then I screwed it up in the last sector. P3 was still ok, launch at the start too, but it caught me surprise how fast I reached the rev limiter of first gear. (Still thanks for the set up Toni) Lost momentum and and on the next backstraight the position to Ken. Later Toni let me through because of his lags, but he soon got his position back. He was clearly faster and I wouldn´t have defended but he passed me because I hit the wall out of the last turn.
    And that was it, the gap to Ken and Toni increased lap by lap. No chance for me because the tyres faded slightly and I was not really happy with the balance of the car.

Although not my best performance from my side, after I understood the car better it was fun anyway. The NSX is not an easy car, but at least Toni could show that it can win races if the Nissans or Paul hit trouble ;)

Congrats guys, thanks for hosting/running. Last race for me this year, I wish everybody merry christmas and a happy new year (I know still some weeks).
    See you at the next series.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ken Jagger

Was under the spotlight from Toni all the way through the race, so I needed to hit my marks on every turn. When I did have a little wobble or two he wasn't close enough at that point to capitalise on the mistakes. Without those mistakes/issues we both had, we possibly could've been closer to Paul at the end, but I think he was stroking it over the last few laps to the chequered flag. Well done to Paul on his drivers Championship and thanks to everyone who supported the series, especially those who ran the majority of the races.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Congrats Paul for another championship win! and Ken for doing the series! :cool:

My race was like all the previous ones a complete disaster. Never could get along with this car, I think basically there was some incompatibility issue between my pc/wheel/mod because the FFB always feel extremely unnatural and different from any other mod I've tried. My races were basically being the slowest car and doing error after error. o_O

No more races for me this year so looking forward to the new BMW and Copa de Marcas championship, a mod that I really enjoy like all FWD ones.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all, see you in january! ;)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualifying
    Only got a good lap in on my last attempt. I stopped to get new tyres with 3 mins to go. I dropped the fuel for a 1 flying lap but forgot to change the tyres. The lap was good enough for 2nd.

Well done Toni :)

Race
    Got off the line well. Philipp almost got me into T1 but I had the inside line and I braked later. Followed Toni very closely at times until I overtook him into T2 on lap 2 or 3. I was by him before I'd realised that I was going to overtake him in a very Ricciardo type move, appropriate for the location :). Saw that Toni had dropped back behind Ken and I had a 5 second lead. Worked hard to grow the gap and by half way I had 11 seconds over Ken. Towards the end my tyres began to fade and I saw that gap come down to 4 seconds. I was still pushing all the way Ken so no coasting at the end. I crossed the line to start the last lap with 2 seconds on the clock. Did think about slowing down but AMS usually puts out the 1 lap to go sign so I didn't want to take a chance and have a pressured last lap.

Well done to Ken. Great defence for most of the race :)
    Well done to Toni for 3rd :)
    Well done to Ken for 2nd in the series and to Philipp for 3rd :)
    Also well done to my team mates for yet another team title :)

Thanks to Ken for running another great series.

I look forward to running with you all in the new year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ken Jagger

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-how-the-ffb-works-and-what-is-new-about-it.45/
    Maybe some help in this thread Ramon? Try searching Google for "Automobilista FFB" for other threads/posts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you AMS stalwarts and supporters of all things KJ related. Your continuing support makes it all worthwhile. :)

• Like Like x 3