rFactor 1 Round 6 Mid Ohio Chicane

Discussion in 'Sports 2000 Challenge Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

It's very nice to see an entry list of 14 members for this older sim. It's still got a lot to offer :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. David Sabre

David Sabre Pro Driver

I'm thinking about joining this race but how do I download the series and join the server?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

To let those of you running in this series that may not know, Dave Sabre is one of the original developers of the S2000 mod that we are using for this series, along with Norm Borczon who some of you may remember as a long standing member at Race2Play.
    All being well, Dave will actually be joining us for this final race at Mid Ohio, so I'm sure you will all appreciate his contribution to our enjoyment in simracing. He has also authored other mods we have used here before, including the F178 and F278 mods, both of which are some of my personal favourites for rF1.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

cycling from footballmatch ( son playing, not me lol ) but ill make it probably with 5 laps of practice.
    At last we get Mid Ohio here at SRO so wont miss it. Track is so on my top 3 list!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Andre Lagunzad

Andre Lagunzad Pro Driver

Had a serious case of brain fade and crashed... and then I was just watching the race and got disco'ed. Anyway congrats to Fabio on the race win and Jim the series champion. Thanks all participating drivers and our admin Ken for another great series.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Franco Conzo

Franco Conzo Pro Driver

Again a problem. This time as I went on track for the race I realized I got a problem, nobody on track. The 30 seconds passed and still no one on track.
    All I can say is I had a nice qualification, 1.31 (with a theorical -0.5/0.6 with a perfect lap). My pace for the race was also good.
    For those curious my setup was the default except for gears: 3 & 4 -1 click. Just like the previous races.

The next rFactor championship is with the F5000. I have to pass because the mod is not good in my opinion.
    See you all... I don't know when :D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos Pro Driver

It was just one of those things. Whilst keeping up with Jim, comfortably in 2nd place, I got disconnected. But wow, that was great racing. Congratulations Jim! Thanks for such close battles!

And thanks again to SRO for hosting! rF1 is still very much alive, and a great platform for those starting out in sim racing. I will upgrade my setup soon, and finally join in on rF2 and AC races. But, for now, F5000 is next. See you guys on track!

rFactor 2020-06-10 21-39-59-17.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. David Sabre

David Sabre Pro Driver

Yes, I had some good racing with Scott. I couldn't find a safe way past and he seemed to have better straight line speed than me. I had to make a pitstop for fuel and got a drive through for speeding (it can't have been more than 52mph). That dropped me behind Ken and I couldn't catch back up to him before the end. 5th place finish not too bad.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ken Jagger

I really enjoyed this race, probably because for once in a Blue Moon I managed to stay ahead of both Csaba and Toni :D on genuine pace. Only one little mistake from me this time out, which paid dividends at the flag, although Dave's pit lane speeding penalty gave me an additional position which I hadn't earned in reality.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Ya David really fun. I was frustrated how Fabio pulled away on the straits, and you probably felt the same with me. I thought you pitted for an undercut, but I saw your curb ride on the replay, and then weird, car up on 2 wheels (?) as you did enter pit after that; looked like 51 mph:eek: on the entry on replay.
    My 1st season running this cool mod, but I 'm thinking Csaba likes it a bit less since he normally smokes me in about every other mod;)
    Toni ! I told ya full tank +4 ltrs!! dude you had some epic slides.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Well, for the second time in a row, I was pushed out of the track even before the first corner of the first lap. It was hard to find the focus needed when you are +20s again at the start, so just drived to finish and take the points for the team.

Congrats Fabio for the win and Jim for the Championship.