rFactor 1 Round 6 Paul Ricard

Discussion in 'Historic Group C - Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gaetano Gianino

Gaetano Gianino Pro Driver

Can you restart the session? I'm into race session :( and alone.

3. Ken Jagger

If you are on the server either alone or with others, you can use the rFactor VOTE system to change the session. :)

4. Gaetano Gianino

This Last race will be in live streaming? (please ;))

5. Ken Jagger

We don't currently Stream rFactor races, only rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa.

6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

7. Ken Jagger

No he doesn't mean that race John. This is a thread for the rFactor Historic Group C series. He was asking about the last race in the series. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaetano Gianino

Last race will start at 16.15 GMT. So, i’m from italy, i think in my country race will start at 17.15. Is correct?

9. Gaetano Gianino

Mmm no, in italy will be 18.15

10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  11. Gaetano Gianino

12. Ken Jagger

So here we are at the final round of the series with three drivers still close enough for the Championship to be anybody's. This is the way to close out a series for sure and it's not just the top three who are in for a fight. Those of us in 4th-10th are also close enough on points for the final positions to be far from decided, especially with a few new, fast SRO members joining for this race.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for supporting what has been a very competitive series. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gaetano Gianino

Should we use an anticheat?

14. Ken Jagger

No additional software needed.

15. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Holy cow, there's some serious practice lap count...Is that healthy?:eek:;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Ken Jagger

I found this a very intense final race due to the high-speed nature of the track. In practice I saw some guys running higher top speeds and some lower, but still getting a good lap-time either way, so I made a couple of changes to my setup to try and slot somewhere in the middle of both. It worked fine in Qualifying with a 6th place, but then in the race as the tyres wore out a bit, the balance fell away and I ended up making a few errors, two of which needed repairs and an earlier stop than I had planned.
    All together I ended up losing out on challenging for 4th place in the Series, but overall I can't complain.

Grats to Paul on taking the Championship for BVR after a strong final challenge from Csaba and Scott and also to those new SRO members who joined us today and acquitted themselves very well I thought. Grats also to Bad Voices Racing on sealing the Teams Championship. :) It's also gratifying to see that we have a good nucleus of members who, for whatever reason, are still interested in running in an rFactor series.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Dam, I missed the race again, just not used to the earlier time slot. I was ready to rumble, but ....
    I was watching the Long Beach IMSA race and got side tracked.

18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Ken I won the series. :)
    And great to also take the team championship

19. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Yeah couldn believe over 600 laps had been done by one driver. Crazy

20. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

With having to miss my vacation to a warmer dryer surf climate, and a continued extended winter weather depression funk here in Oregon,
    I have been getting very easily annoyed with life. Adding to that, with last race and the dtm race going very badly,
    Even though I found I had good race pace the night before (low to mid 7's), I was having a hard time trying to focus and to rid the negative thoughts before this race.
    In Qual was my first run low fuel run and my first sub 7, so I was feeling ok.. But the start was a disaster, getting pinballed back to 13th
    with damage on 3 corners of the car, and dealing with laggy cars, I was not a happy camper.
    Even after a recovery to 3rd, I was in a very bad mood not to be able to at least be close to racing Paul or Csaba in the final.

But today, (cue the flowers and singing birds) I looked at the weather forecast for next week, and it looks like I'll be in my element, windsurfing some nice waves,
    and am now in a much better mood.:cool:
    So congrats to them, thanks all for the good competition, and thanks for the series Ken, it really helps distract me through my winter depression. I need to remember to just have fun, racing who I can race on the day. And come to think of it, Jorge and I did have a good battle, too bad I wasnt enjoying it yesterday..

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1