Assetto Corsa Round 6 Shanghai

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Servers up !

Race reminders: All SRO 2014 WEC races use a MANUAL FORMATION LAP start. On green light pole sitter will lead the pack at a set speed on one formation lap .
    Race starts on EXIT of last turn ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Is it possible to upload track elsewhere except Google drive? I have no idea about that thing but cannot download it. No action at all when click on on the button in the openning page.

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Will upload it to dropbox later

• Like Like x 1
  4. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Thank you.

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Going to miss this one have visitors, Not looking good for the Audi TT either :(

Don't see any relatives for weeks then they all decide to visit at the same time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Race started off good and then it went bad. I ended up hitting a P1 that was rejoining the track. For some stupid reason I pointed toward him! No damage to my car. Decided to leave the race. Whoever it was, sorry about that but also, no U turns on track. :)

8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Sorry guys, had to log off. Something weird with the steering wheel. I suspect it has been going on for a while now. Inconsistend steering. I'm trying to sort it for the TT race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It was a P2 you tangled with Johnny and it was me. I wasn't actually doing a U-turn I had ended up on the grass pointing the wrong way and I was at 90 degrees to the track when I got back on the tarmac, but unfortunately although I had full steering lock on it still put me into your path for which I'm truly sorry. AC isn't as easy to work out where approaching cars are as it is in rF/rF2.

10. Ken Jagger

Something weird going on with AC, or the track. After I slowly caught back up to Rob after my earlier off and abortive pit-stop. I needed a fuel splash and when I got to the left turn entering the pit lane, AC took over my car and gave me a 30 sec "You can't do anything message", before I even had chance to do anything with the preset pit-stop settings. I wanted to dispense with repairs and not take tyres, but it did both without my permission?!?
    When I then came out still on the same lap as Rob, it told me I was a lap behind him all the way to the flag. I'm losing confidence with this sort of unnecessary, complicated pit-stop process, which then doesn't work. Its the 2nd time something has gone weird on a pit-stop for me, so if it continues without explanation or fixing, I'll stick to offline AC use in future.

11. Rob Milliken

That sounds pretty fishy indeed ..I wondered what happen'd to you .. you closing nicely on me ;-) ..

the 30sec thing is part of AC penalty system .. why it would give you that at pit is very strange .. then to not be able to choose repairs is not good ..
    What are you using for the pit stops ? the kunos default system ? it pops up at pit in line ,or youi can bring it up anytime with the keyboard arrows or with G27's its default to the 4 way game poad on the shifter .. Mine works realy good ..

12. Ken Jagger

I'm using the "new" default pit-stop system and had 3 options configured
    1. 15L of fuel, no tyres
    2. 15L of fuel + medium tyres
    3. 15L of fuel + soft tyres

So the only thing I would've needed to change would've been repair options. But I never got chance to choose the pit options because as I said, when I came into the pitlane as I was taking the left turn, AC dropped me direct into my pit with a 30 sec delay before I could do anything and because option 2 was already selected in my pit menu it added the fuel and changed the tyres. It was totally unexpected that I wasn't allowed to drive into the pit lane as you would normally expect.

13. Rob Milliken

This sounds like it could be a track bug .. this same thing happens if you fail to hit join at the race start ,it tellaports you to your box & makes you wait like 20 seconds ..

14. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

It seems you all struglled on somethings. I did not face any odd thing.

15. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

That's the problem with some mods. Had installed the hockenheimring. Some cars did not get registered when crossing the line halfway the race.
    That round got cancelled. All the practise for nothing. :mad: Track bug. Was watching an aconline series two weeks ago and they used a mod track.
    Everyone lost connection. They had to start all over again. It's nice to race different tracks sometimes cause AC doesn't have that much tracks
    but it can become a real pain sometimes using mods...