Assetto Corsa Comp Round 6 Silverstone

Discussion in 'ACC GT MC Winter Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. Kev Forrest

Kev Forrest Pro Driver

Hi I have entered this as my first ever SIM race. I'm a little worried that I will be too slow and get in the way of some of you guys. I am practicing a lot tis week getting ready for the meeting on Saturday. However, I don't want to spoil anyone's race. Just so that I can gauge where I am, can someone give me an idea what an average lap time of Silverstone is during a race in dry clear conditions

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

First, Glad to have you ! & Welcome! We have all levels of drivers here , Aliens, mid packers , tail enders ! New and old so don’t worry about being in the way just run your race and stay out of trouble , & be smart , read the rules so you know what to do if you have contact or go off track , don't block aggressively or dive bomb , to finish is the first goal !! you will end up where you end up !
    As far lap times, i have not any to report yet but I’m sure someone will post a time! Servers up 24/7 ! Let me know if you have any questions! Remember private servers will not show in the ACC lobby , you must use the search bar & type simracingonline ! Also make sure your ingame driver name matches your sro member/forum name so the result software recognizes you !

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

A good Pole time if the track is at its optimum would be in the 58's

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kev Forrest

Kev Forrest Pro Driver

Thanks Rob
    I’ve read the rules and am happy that I understand them.
    I have no intention of being a dive bomber or dirty driver, having looked at some lap times in the records here I think I’ll be towards the tail end.
    This is purely fun for me, I’m really looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Might be a bit too soon to jump in with you guys but i hope you run more ACC events in the future

7. Rob Milliken

To soon ? Jump on in the waters fine ! :D.
    & yes More ACC on the way Saturdays & Tuesdays ..
    Also be on the look out for a special 'day after xmass' fun run ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

The server is not on, even all the week, still.

9. Rob Milliken

Doh its up ,it just has the wrong name ,:rolleyes: or had the wrong name …..:oops:
    Its now fixed .. still had the PCC race name :eek:, but had the multiclass at Silverstone once you got in ..

Its up !
    Race day PW is set on the Champ page !
    **OOPS something's up Im working on it .. stand by

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  10. Kev Forrest

Kev Forrest Pro Driver

I know I'm a complete rookie to sim racing online and I think I am being really thick here, but how do I find the server?

11. Rob Milliken

see edit above ..Right now its not up ! o_O working on it !

12. Kev Forrest

Kev Forrest Pro Driver

Thanks Rob, I thought I was being a complete biff :)

13. Rob Milliken

Actually I don't know what wrong ..the server says its up but its not .. so trying to sort it out ...

14. Rob Milliken

Ok we are good to go ! a few posts up is the link to the champ page with the PW !

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Thanks to everyone who showed up this season, if it wasn't for this series the rig would be collecting dust :)

Good race, Renato great fighting mate, that was probably the most fun I've had this series. I had to pull out all the stops, I think one time I took a line that was a little unfair but understeer kicked in and the car just wouldn't rotate and it felt like I closed the door on you.

Joseph I was trying hard to catch you but the I'd gain some and loose some and it just wasn't enough, congrats on 2nd place.

To the race winner, congrats, great driving I felt like I could have hung in there but my tyres where falling off hard.

Hopefully the next season kicks off ASAP.

Rob you mentioned Spa on the 26th, will have to see where I am that day :) But I'm up for some casual 45-60min sprints on Saturdays over the holiday season if anyone is up for it. Can be the same combos we've done already as everyone has got the practice in.

Also we could run a fun race at Imola as we've never done that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

So to short sum up my race tonight.
    I did my first Laps in Silverstone tonight, so my pace was for sure not the best.
    Anyway I somehow managed to be in the mid of the GT4 field where we had some nice battles! What was definetly a show stopper for me was my no pit strategy today...
    I am sure that I could have saved fuel for an additional lap somehow, but I just realized in the last laps that it would not work out.
    And then I was way too busy checking my fuel once getting overtaken by Mr. Coelho in a GT3. Really sorry, I missed my brake point and ran into him.
    Needless to say that this was just clearly my fault and I feel really sorry for that.
    Besides that, I had to wait for #1 driver in the field to pass me before the finish line, otherwise I would not have made it to the checkerd flag.
    In summary, great fun race until I realized that I will run out of fuel o_O - Fuel saving is a damn hard job!
    Cya in the next races again.
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 2
  17. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

@Rob
    server name the default one?

...edit. nevermind

18. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I was pretty confident I could outpace you but towards the end I was backing it off as I was so afraid of making a mistake.

19. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Mr. Santos you had me scared toward the end as when i came out of the pits you were in front of me but I reckoned you hadn't pitted. then with 15 mins to go you still hadnt pitted and i was freaking out then started pushing. Then you pitted. Lol

20. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I hope next season starts soon again. and i would love some casual races