Assetto Corsa Comp Round 6 Snetterton

Discussion in '2021 GT4 Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

last r gt4 2.jpg Registration
    Last Chance To Dance with these amazing GT4's in round 6 of the SRO GT4 Challenge!
    If you have not driven these yet I suggest you jump in for this one!​

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

3. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Sorry I have to work this evening so cant make this so have a good final event. I hope we get more ACC soon :)

4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I'll simply congratulate Simon now - Although I'll get some practice in before the event I have to confess to not having driven here in ACC at all :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

well downloaded the pack 2hours before race so havent done this either.
    was struggling with other cars but tha porsche was awsome here.
    good race.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

My apologizes to Mark Ekins for my overdriving at our battle we had.. I must touch him twice if i remember well..
    Congrats to Tim, Toni and Simon for podium and Simon for winning the championship..
    Very frustrated race for me, i could be fast in some occasions but i am lacking consistency and being focus.. Specially when i am battling with others..
    When i have a clean road ahead, things are much better but it seems i need a lot of work.. As i see it clearly, i am still a beginner not even an average racer.. The last 2 races i had here, is proving it.

Anyways, i am very sorry if i ruined someone's race, was not in purpose for sure..

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  7. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Thx Vasilis.

I don't know whether I like Snetterton or not. Of the 3 ACC races I've had there 2 of them have resulted in early slow punctures (both on GT4 cars). This time I went from somehow mixing it with Tony and Tim to driving 2 seconds a lap slower and being very frustrated.

Maybe next series could be Porsche Cup, or Ferrari Challenge. Or a rain series or night series.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Do I remember right that there's a 911 with no driving aids in acc or did I imagine that?

As for Snetterton I'm 50/50 on it - I've driven it for real in several cars and one monster so know the 200 layout pretty well (we raced on the 300 - and I've never driven the infield bit), but in ACC I found bombhole to be a pretty big disappointment.
    In real life that's the stand out corner on the circuit for me; as you have to throw your car into the dip sideways so it's pointing where you want to go when it finally bottoms out, grips up, and fires off at a tangent. Then of course the rear of the car inevitably steps out as you bounce out of the compression at corner exit :D.
    The car behaviour was there (great fun in the Massa) but the force feedback was dulled and of course the lack of (serious) G-forces also removed much of the corner.

With that said I beat Simon so it must be a great circuit :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

No problem Vasilis, We were running different cars so different approaches to the corners. The last few laps especially i was struggling to stop into that corner after the bridge. I was trying to be cautious as by them the entry-mid corner understeer was killing me!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Yeah i noticed it, specially at last laps was like you driving on ice.. :O

11. Rob Milliken

That track is a beast, it must be a rush irl! kudos to Tim on the win . &

A big Grats to the Champion Simon!~!~
    Simon.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

btw
    "next tuesday night acc series is in the books!"
    hint ,
    no TC ..
    :rolleyes:

13. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Unlike the rest of you who have done multiple series with it, ive never driven it!