Assetto Corsa Comp Round 6 Suzuka

Discussion in 'Tuesday Night ACC Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Untitledr6.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I really hope we have a big grid for this one - not only do I love Suzuka (I lived and worked an hour from there a few years back) but I should also be starting ahead of Gavino and Matteo for this one despite my win.
    I've just done the maths and this is going to the wire! :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Hi
    How bad have the numbers been?

4. Rob Milliken

We had 20 out of 29 signups on the grid for Bathurst ..

races are also live broadcast ! See the link on the home page !

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  5. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

ok.
    thats not too bad

6. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

if you guys havent already, i suggest you try your normal setups out at Suzuka. The 1.6 patch tweaked yaw and a few other things and the cup car appears to have a lot more oversteer than before. It can be a handful in the esses and at Spoon. My normal setup made it feel like a 1973 RS 911 :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I'm using a new expression to describe this: "to go Muttram" :D :D

When you "go Muttram", you have to deal on right corner turning your wheel to the left, and do the opposite for left corner. I guess that Tim appreciated a lot this change, as it matches better with his driving style. He is an oversteer lover. To be honest, I'm suffering a lot to keep my Porka on the tarmac at Suzuka a couple of days ago. This car has become a real bastard now :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gavino Pintus

Gavino Pintus Pro Driver

I'm struggling too.

The Porsche Cup was the only car I love to drive in ACC, but now is even worse than the (horrible) GT3s.
    This is my last champ with ACC for sure

9. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

That was even your first my friend :D:D:D

10. Rob Milliken

11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The feel of the default 'Aggressive' setup is glorious now when you get it right, you stand it on it's nose and then gently back off the brakes as you bring the rear about, and then balance the throttle for a drift right through the turns here :cool:

But.... It's also slow and destroys the tires to such an extend that lap speed tails off from about the 2nd flying lap onwards.
    As much fun as it is, even I'm calming my car down heavily (Softer springs seem to help folks ;) ).

It's modern so it doesn't really like sliding, so who knows what will happen. I'm hoping for rain as that's the only way my tires are likely to survive :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Was hoping to do some race tonight but have to abandon you guy´s .
    IRL mess got me :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Late join, no practice.. got a new headset and want to try it out.

Do I have to start from the back again? :confused:

14. Rob Milliken

IDK we will see :D.. during the week before the last GT3/GT4 event the 2 ACC servers were corrupted I had to rebuild the server files on race day & the entrylists had to be remade & I don't have everyone's GUID in time , I was able to recover about 75% of it .. There will be holes in the grid ..
    ACC is not very user friendly regarding "reverse grid" we just went with it as its not a supported feature ,we just hacked our way threw it .. That said this will be the last reverse grid race using this sim ..

15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Well I echo the above comments.
    Glad that is the final race in the champ, as I'd not be wanting to drive those again anytime soon.

Not sure what Galluzzi was doing at the start. I was following my widget to the green, but he seemed to want to keep his place where he started on the grid (unsure if his widget was telling him to be there too), so I had to pull into the middle of the track over the start line to avoid starting inside his car.

Congrats winner and Champion - whoever you are.

16. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Well, you shouldn't have put me at the front. IDK what happened, but this was not the same car the one from Bathurst. :p

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  17. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Actually i was following my widget, couldn't understand why you where in my position, seems very strange....

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I had a gap ahead of me on the grid. When the lights went it told me to move to the left hand side - and I guess, drive inside of your car :confused:

19. Janne Vartiainen

Janne Vartiainen Pro Driver

Congrats to podium and to championship winner!

Matteo Santini, I'm sorry if I caused your collision on the first lap under the bridge and ruined your race. I was trying to pass car up front and the I felt that you were on the rear of my car. Widget didn't show that there were any car, so I assumed there is a gap to go for.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Cracking last race of the season even if it didn’t quite go as I hoped. Had decent pace and was trading top 3 times throughout the pre race practise so was hopeful of a top 5 finish if I could keep it on the tarmac, easier said than done here in these cars!
    However I was instantly foiled by a) starting 13thbon the grid and b) my stupid setup screen telling me I needed 57L of fuel :rolleyes: I checked it several times through practise and used a calculator. I didn’t believe it needed that much but could only go on what the fuel useage was telling me :( I finished with 14L :rolleyes:
    Race start went well though a brief lift allowed that scamp shark to dive up the inside. Had a good chase on his tail for half the race until he binned it at the last chicane. Was now up several places and enjoyed fights with several drivers from 8th to 10th :) For nearly the whole second half I fought/chased Matteo and Lorenzo for 7th and 8th. Lorenzo finally dropped it at the last chicane (that was a bugger that corner, like ice and that’s where matteo finally got me) and I carried on to finish 7th. :)
    Great track, great cars :cool: I didn’t want it to end.

• Like Like x 1