Automobilista Round 6 Velo Citta

Discussion in 'Copa De Marcas 2020 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away for this race so please make sure to start it on time with the in-game user voting. Enjoy the race :).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Probably a good time for sim racing, as other things do not work at the moment. But under this circumstances as you should travel as less as possible I´m separated from me wheel etc. But there are more important things right now than that, I just wanted to let you know why I´m not racing with you.
    Stay healthy and see you soon, hopefully.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well done to Manual, Paul & Jens on their respective successes in the championship. The results possibly may have been a little different if Ramon, Csaba and I had been able to compete in all six races, but Manuel would still have won with a dominant six out of six wins, a fantastic achievement!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves Pro Driver

The first race of this series shaped the way I raced the rest of this series. I know I was lucky to have won that race.
    Paul was faster than me at the end of the stint but had problems with the pitstop.
    Csaba was quick as well but had a bad start and didn't recover.
    Ramon almost won the race without stopping.
    From that race on I knew I had to practice harder and always try different strategies: no-stop or 1 stop race.
    For this race was a simple strategie decision:
    The pit was shorter than the race track and was the smallest amount of time lost changing tyres so a one stop race it was.

Thanks SimRacingOnline for this series.
    Thanks Ken for admin this series.
    Thank you for everyone racing this series.
    Special thanks for Paul, Csaba and Ramon for pushing me and making me a better race driver.
    See you all next time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to Manuel, he was really unreachable in this championship.

I really liked this car and tracks, as I said before I usually do better results in FWD than RWD cars. The problem for me is, like the Mini, the first laps when tyres are new, I always found FWD really slippery and random, wich usually ends in a couple of visits to the grass and losing my good starting positions, always having to go back again. That was the case again in the last race, it worked fine tho until I arrived to 4th position behind Csaba and Ken, where I get stuck behind them. :D

Csaba was clearly faster but hey, the good thing about low powered cars in general is how nice battles are because of that, and how difficult it is to pass in safe conditions. Wich always leads to great racing and nice fun. Given the fact that it was impossible for me to pass them, I was just watching the spectacle and tyre burning of both Csaba and Ken, in the hope that they would, at some point, destroy his tyres or even had a puncture and I would put myself in 2nd.
    But hey, this track wasn't exactly the most aggresive one on tyres and that never happened. Only in the last lap their performance dropped significantly, I did my best to pass because I was still at 30% tyre wear, but almost touch Csaba so the potential danger of a crash wasn't worth the price, so 4th at the end.

Looking forward to the Puma, a car that looks really fun to drive, and I think it's going to be a challenge (again) to do the race without pitstops. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1