Automobilista 2 Round 6 Virginia International Raceway

Discussion in 'AMS2 Cart 1998 Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I can't do this one because June 19 is my daughters birthday,

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

5. Gary Warrell

Gary Warrell Pro Driver

sorry cant make this last round, really enjoyed this championship, these cars are great, be up for another one Rob if your thinking of doing another one and thanks for organizing it all. good luck tonight guys.

6. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Congrats to Gert on another championship. You drive like those aliens do, even with damage. And a shout out to Ed who put the pressure on me in the final laps. I couldn't handle it and made a mistake and you were there to take advantage. This was a fun series. One of my favorites. VIR was very challenging but I will never forget Watkins Glen. That sort of event doesn't happen for me very often. Every race was a great challenge. Thank you John and Rob for running the series. Hoping there are some good upgrades coming soon for the sim. I would like to run another one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks Mark. It's a great sim, only the MP needs some work.

8. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Thanks Mark, I honestly do not have an idea why I was so fast in this series. If it is the new wheel and pedals that gives me so much advantages.

I did not spent a lot of time preparing the setup. Only thing I did was calculate the damper rates based on a youtube video to be in the right ball park. Use the telemetry HUD to determine the right rideheight and do a 30 minute race against AI to determine the strategy and find out the behaviour when driving close behind other cars. This preparation worked for me.

It was also my first series in AMS2 and I did have a lot of expectations when I saw the initial sign up for this series (over twenty). I expected much more close racing as normally is the case when I drive a serie in rF2 which is my preferred sim. Also getting to know the sim was a bit of a learning curve as was for more drivers that expect the tyre change when they are almost completely worn and then seeing yourself back on track with old tyres again.

Loved the car & track combo as they are all challenging tracks with very different characteristics. V.I.R was the most challenging because it is high speed with a lot of corners I found myself rearranging the barriers a couple of times in the practise session. Also the video coverage was nice to watch after the race specially Watkins Glen in the rain. So thanks to Rob and John in setting up the series

In the last race I updated the drivers and did all the settings changes like -disablereplay, turned off UDP. I noticed that crewchief did not work anymore and I think it isbecause one of these settings changes.

This was my last sim race for now and I am having a summer brake (LOL) and will be back in the fall for more racing. Cya

• Like Like x 1