rFactor 1 Round 6 Warwick Farm

Discussion in 'Scirocco V6 World Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nikolay Bezrukov

Nikolay Bezrukov Pro Driver

I forgot about race *facepalm*

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Didn't put a good lap together on low fuel but good enough for 2nd.

Race
    Got an excellent start, or Jim got a bad one, or I got a bad start and Jim got a worse one, or I got an excellent start and Jim got a good one. Have I covered all the combinations ;). Whatever it was I got into T1 in the lead. I managed to keep the lead until I binned it in the barrier through the narrow section a few laps later. I got my rear wheels slightly off the track and it tipped me around :(. Got going again and I was glad that a couple of laps later I looked at my tyres. The front left had no tread left and I was so close to a puncture. During practice I'd only managed to get a couple of good pit stops the others I either crashed trying to get into the pits or was caught speeding so I was relieved to get in and out with no problems. Now in 4th Jim had one hand on the championship trophy. So I now had to fight back. I knew if Jim won the race I had to finish at least 3rd to take the series win. We would be tied on points but I had more wins. So first I had to catch and pass Ed. As long as I didn't crash again I should manage this as I still had just under half the race to go. I dropped my pace as there was no point in pushing the limits. Past Ed who flashed me as I passed. Disgusting to see this and it nearly made me crash :confused:. Now for Ken. Just under 10 minutes to go so maybe enough time. Caught him and again I got flashed as I passed him. Nearly threw up :eek: but managed to keep it together to take 2nd place and the championship win. :)

Well done Jim you pushed me all the way :)
    Well done to my team mates as we bring home another title for the team :)

Thanks to Ken for running this great series. Hope to see these cars again next year. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ed and I arranged on TS to give you an easy path through when you expectedly caught us both. Any flashing was either to say "come on by" or "go get him". I think you owe Ed an apology. :)

• Like Like x 1