rFactor 2 Round 6 Zandvoort 2020 - Sat Nov 21, 2020

Discussion in 'GT3 / McLaren Senna GTR Multiclass Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 20, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

Welcome to round 6 Zandvoort 2020

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

Off-topic: Studio 397 DLC Spa Francorchamps is out today.

4. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Question: the car list on the event page shows F488 GT3 EVO, but I cannot select it on the server?

5. John vd Geest

That is correct. I've put the Ferrari and the Bentley in there for a upcoming multiclass series in January.

6. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Ok better luck next time...

7. Alexander Zakirov

Alexander Zakirov Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Damn this track is strict on cut-track penalties. Go a little bit over the line and you get a warning.
    After getting my third cut-track I got a drive-through which I didn't want to serve. Esc. and exit.

9. Andy Tomlinson

Andy Tomlinson Pro Driver

I know what you mean, couple of laps from the end front wobbled into the 2 to last corner which push me wide. Gave me a drive through which let Barrett in front.

However, Upon reading the chat after the race, and re-reading the rule for the ESC key, I must put myself up for disqualification. Rules are rules and its not fair if others are penalised and I am not.

I have checked the replay for the qualy session, I had lost control on T3 and slid off into Larry Thomas (who had already crashed) damaging his car beyond getting back to the pits and it blew my engine, so neither of us could return to the pits under our own power. I had not seen the part about "your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track." Larry followed the rule and stayed put, but I did not. Therefore I should not really have had the pole nore deserve my final race result.

Thanks for the kind chat support guys.

DAMN, was hoping to of kept the 2nd place in the championship.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  10. John vd Geest

Yeah, that's what the rules say. Very sporting of you to take it without a fuss.

If you use the Esc key on track and then leave pit lane again for an additional lap, you will be penalized in one of three ways:

1. If the event is not part of a series or is a club event, you will be disqualified.
    2. If the event is part of a series, you must do a drive-through at the next event.
    3. If the event is part of a series and is the last event, you will be disqualified.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Congratulation @Johnny Gutierrez for the championship and @Barrett Erickson and @Edward Jones for the podium.
    I had a good race. In the first half a lot of good racing and nice fights, than in the second part I was mostly alone on track, desperately trying to catch Ed.
    I couldn't, but for the next championship I have a solution. I fired my strategy team and made a secret offer to Ed teams (please don't tell him).
    I enjoyed this series, I really like rFactor2. I drive AC, ACC, AMS2, but every time I start rF2 I feel it, I don't know how to say it... familiar.
    Thank you all for the good time spent on track.

• Like Like x 3