rFactor 2 Round 7 Baku

Discussion in 'Virtual Endurance Championship Season 3 Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Nigel Middleton

Not sure if I can do this race yet may have to work :(

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server Is UP

4. Ken Jagger

Sorry to hear that Nigel, but here's hoping you might make it.

5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

After all the latest updates for rFactor 2, my Trackmap plugin V0.96 doesn't work anymore. In fact it's totally gone.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

6. Ken Jagger

No way to fix it John :( They have removed code which supported DX9 screen plugin overlays (my simple explanation).

See this Thread for details - https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/massive-update-out-now.2222/

7. John vd Geest

8. John vd Geest

How do I set it to dx11 ?
    In steam beta I only have dx11 open beta build 1108. But that's an old build.
    How do I set dx11 in 1109 ?

9. Nigel Middleton

It should update automatically

10. Ken Jagger

After the update you should have these entries as the last 2 in the Betas drop-down tab:
    V1109 THIS IS THE DX11 VERSION ALTHOUGH IT DOESN'T SAY SO
    V1109-dx9-

11. John vd Geest

True, I have those 2.
    And it's on 1109, so I gues I'm good, thanks :)

12. Ken Jagger

The update this time automatically sets it to DX11, which is how I found out I have a problem with my rF2 install. It will only work in either off/online modes in DX9. In DX11 it just doesn't start rF2 from the Launcher (which works fine strangely?!?)

13. John vd Geest

Does your operation system have DX11, like windows 10 witch is on DX12 now?

14. Ken Jagger

Its WIN7 John. The previous DX11 Beta's have all worked fine for me, so not sure why this one doesn't even start. Some other guys have the same problem according to the Forums at Studio-397.

15. John vd Geest

What DX version does Win7 have? Btw, time to upgrade buddy :)

16. Ken Jagger

I have DX11 installed. I didn't go for the free Win10 upgrade to avoid the early problems with it.

17. John vd Geest

Check. I'm running all sims including rF1 on Win10 without any problems.

18. John vd Geest

19. Ken Jagger

Due to the low number of entries who turned up in time for Qual (4), the race was amended to a non-Championship, one-off GT Only race (John and I joined the GT class) and the race distance reduced to 30 mins.

20. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi guys , John I asked Marcel at s397 about that & he told me that the code is now implemented for the delta best ,its in the dev mod tools for modders to build a delta best program now ,and they (s397) will have one with the new UI but for now its only thet the code has been added, unless some modders get busy & build us 1 ! (this is the LAST version that will still support DX9 so might as well get things sorted now)
    Ken I also have win 7 = no issues with rf2 DX11 , for me the latest build is by far the best so far .. It's important that everyone that was using DX9 version clear out the 2 folders cbash & shaders found in the userdata/LOG folder don't delete the folders leave them in place just empty all the old dx9 files out of them ..
    Also regarding DX11 and older tracks .. The Baku is one of thoe's so so,not so good conversions and is NOT DX11 so it will be a glowing mess ..
    This is going to be a big issue as we move on .. I can tell you that most tracks (worth driving) are now converted to DX11 but there will be thoe's that have no more support from the guys that did the conversions so they will die a slow glowing death until someone steps up to do the DX11 update (talking to the guys on the forums its not that big of task they just have to remove some old shaders & adjust some others) ..
    If you look back at the DTM series I selected ONLY DX11 tracks ... so when planning the rf2 events keep in mind that some of the older tracks will not be worth driving once the next build with new UI comes out ,, (i have herd it will be in the first 90 days of 2018) ..

I know Ken will be mad & have a head full of steam over this lol :D..lol but this is progress .. If we want these sims to progress we have to deal with the facts at hand ...

• Informative Informative x 2