Assetto Corsa Round 7 Knockhill

Discussion in 'Abarth 500AC Club Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

I'm pleased to relate that I'm free to make this final round. Already put in some laps offline. A challenging club circuit!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

Anybody willing to share a setup? Or a tip how to drive this car? I wanted to drive in this race, but I can't keep it on the track, it's going into a oversteer spin on every turn!

4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I've not driven yet Syd, sorry.
    I've been too busy learning server stuff for last night's Formula Easter test

5. Ken Jagger

Unfortunately due to my normal PC being away for repair, the two generations old PC I've dusted off from the garage is not up to running AC it seems. I did get it to go to track once but then since that, it now halts with an ACS_86.exe error which I haven't been able to fix. I'm trying a reinstall but if I don't make it, please start Qualifying on time and enjoy this final race in the series.

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That was probably the best wheel to wheel racing of the series! The track (and kerbs) are so unforgiving that for at least the 1st ten minutes no one seemed able to hold on to 1st for more than a lap :cool:
    Big sorry to the orange car I managed to whack on lap 2, I caught the inside of the kerb and was thrown onto 2 wheels and into you. Supprised given the impact that it was me that got thrown into the shrubbery and not you, but not going to complain as it saved a lot of waiting around.
    I think I finally sussed turn 1 properly about 20 minutes in. Off throttle and you'll spin, full throttle and it'll oversteer and/or get on 2 wheels, part throttle with a slight lift over the I kerb and it flows beautifully.
    I ended up being supprised how many corners were faster in higher gears, I'm used to these cars liking 3Rd over 2nd in slow corners, but was supprised at how many were faster of you stayed in 4th.

Well done to Jens and Andrew on the podium spots, and, in reverse order - the championship top spots.

Well done all other finishers and thanks for the racing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ken Jagger

WD to Andrew, Jens & Tim for the Championship and to everyone who participated in the series with these fun, little cars.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

It was me, as I saw on the reply. (didn't remember it happening.) Seems you hit my rear more, so I just kept the throttle pinned to straighten it out :D

I still haven't worked it out :rolleyes::D:D

• Funny Funny x 1