rFactor 2 Round 7 Monte Carlo 1966 - Wed Oct 26, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 7 MONTE CARLO 1966

The 1966 Monaco Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at the Circuit de Monaco on 22 May 1966. It was race 1 of 9 in both the 1966 World Championship of Drivers and the 1966 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. The race was the first World Championship event of a new era for Formula One, for which engine regulations were altered from 1.5 litres of maximum engine displacement to 3.0 litres. The race was the 24th Monaco Grand Prix.

The race was won by British driver Jackie Stewart driving a BRM P261. He took a forty-second victory over the Ferrari 246 of Italian driver Lorenzo Bandini. It was Stewart's second Grand Prix victory after winning the Italian Grand Prix the previous year. Stewart's team-mate, fellow Briton Graham Hill finished a lap down in third position in his BRM P261. The only other driver to be classified as a finisher was American driver Bob Bondurant driving a BRM P261 entered privately by Team Chamaco Collect.

[60fps HD] Grand Prix (1966) / F1 Monaco GP 1966 (incl. Onboard footage)

2. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

13 drivers signed up... LET'S GO!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. John vd Geest

And I'm back on v11.30 :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. John vd Geest

5. …..what’s with the launch ramp!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. John vd Geest

Tree roots :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Yeah, you can easily die in every corner on that track... amazing:eek::D

8. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

See you in the harbour glug glug

9. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Monte Carlo Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 7
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Monte Carlo event page.

4. You can find the server by first typing sro

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

7. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

8. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, I can't make the race today.
    Have fun

11. Race ruined by poor direction prior to quali, and being punted into the wall going up the hill By Neil wood!
    I was enjoying this series up to this point, but this ridiculous track and its predictable consequences have ruined it for me. I’m done!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Oh no Chris don't give up! You can be right back in the fight next week!

I messed up Qually too and have a penalty coming

13. Neil Wood

It's a shame.... a real shame. A week.... and maybe 30 mins or more today in practice you could have asked about pitlane. But you decide to rant and rave about it while other people are trying to concentrate on their own qualifying laps?! You then proceeded to bash your keyboard in the race too. Don't make your OWN problems, everyone else's problem.

Two cars crashed ahead of you... do you not think you may have lifted off a little I collected you? Nah... I did it purpose, I punted you out the way. /s

Ending up in the harbour should have meant qually over. The fact that it happened, Rob continued and got pole then used pole to counteract a 25 second penalty in the race? That doesn't sit right with me personally.

I knew Monaco was just going to be survival and that is exactly what I personally tried to do. I didn't run at it like a bull in a china shop and gladly I finished.

I have not been to round 8's track, new adventure incoming!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Yep apologies all, I totally messed up. Because it dumps you back to the holding area I didn't even think about it. Also, Kiril got pole ;) It's up to John but it looks like I will be doing a drive through in the next race but will accept whatever penalty deemed harsh enough.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 3
  15. Caitlin did ask, and the answer wasn’t forthcoming prior to quali starting……..you may have missed that fact Neil. But as you know, starting last on the grid of 7 wasn’t really the issue for meo_O

16. John vd Geest

I will investigate this. To be continued.

17. Neil Wood

Unsure how this track was so confusing... the pitlane, is where your pits are. You only had to request a pitstop, then find that out. Same kind of pit layout to Spa 1966.

18. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Also let's show John some love, he's here every week, posting briefings, curating the forum posts and running the show. It's been really good all season. Let's not take all that hard work for granted.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  19. John vd Geest

I'm not replying to those remarks (but now I do) because I'm of the opinion that it's the driver's responsibility to prepare himself for the event in all aspects, including finding out where the pit entry is and how to find your pit stall. If one doesn't know that, that's a lack of preparation on the driver's side. But that is not a critique, only an observation.

I did not investagate for Qual, but I did practise pitting for the race, because of the nature of the track. It was very likely to get damage here, so I wanted to know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Having never been to this track I took the pits to be the place you’re placed in when you hit the server. If it’s different, what indications are there that would prompt someone to question it? If it’s not obvious, maybe a forum post ahead of the race would be helpful.
    You were asked about the pits by another driver prior to quali, so there was clearly some valid confusion. It wasn’t necessary to repeat the question already asked, but you “couldn’t remember” where they were. Is it unreasonable to expect the race host to provide pertinent information?

not a “critique” just some observationso_O