rFactor 2 Round 7 Oschersleben - Sun Dec 5, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

DTM 1991 banner.jpg

Welcome to Oschersleben

The Motorsport Arena Oschersleben is 3.696 kilometres (2.297 mi) long race track with a width of 11–13 meters and elevation changes of 23 metres. The circuit is located in Oschersleben, Börde (approximately 30 km from Magdeburg), Germany. Its fairly flat contours create a smooth, fast circuit.

Opened on 25 July 1997 as Motopark Oschersleben, it was Germany's fourth permanent racecourse, after Nürburgring, Hockenheimring and Sachsenring.

Motorsport Arena Oschersleben was a venue for FIA's European Touring Car Championship from 2001 to 2004 and the World Touring Car Championship from 2005 to 2011.

Consistently driving quickly is hard work on the fast and smooth circuit. The first turn, modified from its original rounded shape into a sharp 90-degree left, is a frequent source of multi-car accidents especially on the first lap, as a popular YouTube video of a touring race illustrates this case, with former BTCC driver-turned commentator John Cleland remarking that, "The guy who designed this first corner should be taken into a dark room and beat about the head". There are many key turns to master for a fast lap. The end of the finish straight is the fastest spot on the circuit. The McDonald's chicane allows for different racing lines. However, an aggressive line may lead to early retirement with broken suspension.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

Request for new members

We've had problems with the result processing because some members use a different name in-game than here at SRO on the signup list. That way names don't match and the automated software for the result proces gets blocked.

Please make sure that your name on the SRO signup list is the same as your in-game name.

So if you sign up at SRO with John vd Geest, make sure your name in-game is John vd Geest. It has to match.

3. John vd Geest

4. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

this should be fun but dont have the mod and despite de discount, i would only do 2 races so its not a good deal :-(
    have fun guys

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I would say John will most likely run the mod again at some time in the future.

John will have his say on it when he looks at this post.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve Pro Driver

Thanks again for the race. Good combo track/car. I had a lot of fun with Barrett. Bllown the engine. sorry. Cya next round !

• Like Like x 4
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Good race, you guys were just too strong tonite.
    Final chance was to rush pits and hope @Gert-Jan van Osch has traffic jam or something.
    Well i went to wall and didnt react to it so repaired a little + had 30liters of surplus and lost podium.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I know how that feels about the blown engine Gilles. I'm on my third one. Soon enough were going to have to start giving grid penalties for new engines. :D

Congrats to Gert and John for podium. Grats to all finishers. Enjoyable seeing everyone racing. Not much to say as the race was just fun. Somehow, I did move my radiator and when I pitted, I was giving extra seconds to move it. Yikes. Good thing I had a gap to the the group.

See you guys next time!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Yes Gilles, that was great fun! It did seem a perfect car/track match.

[Forget the engines, Johnny, I think they need to start giving you penalties for being too fast.]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Do you run your wings low or high?
    Think highest i had was today at 3 but i did Q with rear wing of 2, which was little faster but had to extra click for stability to survive whole race.

11. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Had a good race... After spending a few short sessions on making a setup for this track... I actually did not expect too much of my race... Quallifying went exceptionally well being 0.15s of pole. Going to warmup I had a disconnect... This happens to me almost every week. Do not know if it is just rFactor 2 or something else... Starting the race I expected Toni would pass me but after a few laps I settled into a comfortable rhytm and saw his BMW becoming smaller in the mirror. Johnny was too fast putting 1.31 laps in the early stages.

Twenty minutes in the race I realised I did not turn of tyre change and had to do that while driving and it cost me 1-2s of time and Johnny could pull a greater gap. Pretty much driving the remainder of the race by my race by myself without some exciting battles to write about.

I am quite happy about this solid race without mistakes for a change...

I did not even check my wing setting in making this setup. Took a setup from Nords and changed gear ratio, suspension and diff settings. I think I have it at 2.

CU on track...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Johnny Gutierrez

Soon enough, John's going to start giving out ballast. No!!!!! Kidding but may he will.

Today was my highest as well set to 3. I could run about the same times with 2 as yourself but as tires wore on, the car became sketchy.

13. John vd Geest

Nooooo .... you fully deserve this championship. Your car handling with this mod is something else :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Johnny Gutierrez

Thanks John. Just my two cents, You and Jens are not so far behind. Scary close if you ask me. Says a lot about the good driving with this series with most drivers.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1