rFactor 2 Round 7 Osterreichring 79

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 13, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

This is the track we'll be racing at Osterreichring 79.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mauro Mariani

Mauro Mariani Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Thanks Mauro for noticing and the download link.
    We are racing the V0.09 version, but I couldn't find that version on YouTube, so I took this video :).

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

ADDITIONAL RULE TO THE STARTPROCEDURE:

As of now there will be a "safe zone" for the start. You can not overtake in that safe zone and the polesitter has to keep his speed at 120 km/h = 74 miles. Cars will have to drive behind eachother. If you do overtake in the safe zone, you get a drive through penalty for the next race.

Procedure:
    1. start formationlap
    2. go to startingbox
    3. start at the green light
    4. go through the safe zone at 120 km/h
    5. start the race at the end of the safe zone

The Safe zone ends directly after the "Hella-Licht S" chicane (entering the Flats chach straight) .

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. John vd Geest

6. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mauro Mariani

Mauro Mariani Pro Driver

And uninstall previous version :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

Plenty of runoffs on the inside of corners on this track but with white lines. I assume the white line rule will be strict for this race?

9. John vd Geest

Yes, a minimum of 2 wheels on the racetrack at all times :)

10. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

Went for a gap to pass Toni, didn't go so well. :( %@(*! Curious to see Toni's view though as on my view I was ahead of him. Sorry @Toni Talvitie

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Luis Moreno There was hassle in front of me and one of them team mate so didnt want to rush in and you got your move. I was well aware you went inside
    and felt i left you line open. Also from my perspective I think you car traveled abit towards me there ( if look how you car is positioned in that corner relative to white
    line on right ).
    Nevertheless a missfortune and feel like racing incident. Shame it stopped you race and mine when tried to lap but car was damaged and driving felt
    too boring.

Also radiator too small. Had engine overheating when following close to people so couldnt pass anyone even I felt had the pace.

12. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Qualifying went well, taking 3rd position on my last lap.

My race all went according to plan (for once).:) Knowing Paulo was just behind and how quick he is, my intention was to defend
    hard if necessary and then use Michal as a slipsteamimg buddy to try & pull away
    from Paulo which worked. Stayed behind Michal for some time to consolidate the 3rd position I was in,
    eventually pulling significantly away from Paulo. Michal made a mistake at the Rindt curve which
    I took advantage of. I managed to pull away a couple of seconds, then pitted just after half distance and retained
    my 2nd position until just after the exit of Tirok curve going up the hill I got a major tank slapper on,:p
    luckily for me I managed to catch it but that meant Michal was able to breeze past.

Anyways, having taken a deep breath I then started to clos in in a little on Michal
    but unfortunately I could not get in his face enough.

Congrats to Dino again and also to Michal for clinching 2nd position.:)

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
  13. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Qualifications: three trips, I improved my time three times. The last word, of course, belonged to Dino. P2 :)

Race: The first race is finally without adventure, one small mistake, which uses Bred, but in the second part of the race there is a rematch. P2

In addition, as usual, something could have been done better, for example badly counted fuel, too low a wing on the rear axle - heated tires caused the car to swim on the track. The more I'm glad that I reached the finish line:cool:

Thanks for racing
    and see you in two weeks

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Qualification: was dropping 0.4s to my best time, but blew it in the last sector... Nonetheless did a great 4th time!
    Race: bad setup, bad on tires, low radiator (forgot to change that to race), and a very strong competion, did the rest... 5th place
    At some point, chasing Nick, my car was so bad I had to let him go and think about keeping 2nd place on the series. There was nothing else I could do.
    Congrats to all for a great race! These cars are a blast to drive!!

• Like Like x 1