rFactor 2 Round 7 Silverstone National

Discussion in 'BTCC Winter Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

sorry can't run this one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm afraid I couldn't do this race. Reinstall of OS (again). Still, I will do the best to be there, even if I didn't do any lap yet :-(

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

The allowed Tyre Tuning option for this race is Medium & Hard

5. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Rubbish quali ... amazing race ... that sums Silverstone up :).
    The opening laps of the race were epic, swapping paint with Ken for several laps. Then I ended up circulating around P6/7ish (can't remember !) until the pitstops began and I inherited P3. Michal was edging slightly closer each lap but ran out of time so P3 was mine.
    Congratulations to Andrew and Jens for P1 and P2 ... Redline podium lockout :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Ken Jagger

I hate to sound like I'm having a moan about things, but this was the 3rd race this week that went South on me. After having no problems or indications of penalties in practice/qual, in the race it seemed like the track stewards were throwing them at me like confetti! :eek: I lost count of the number of S/G's for track cuts/pit lane speeding I was given, which was especially galling when I saw other cars going all 4 wheels of track but apparently the track-cut marshals were looking the other way. :confused:

Apart from all that (?!?) after the first 3-4 laps my car started being very loose on some corner exits under power, a trait I thought I had tamed in P/Q with some diff adjustments. Maybe it was the switch to hard tyres for the race, instead of sticking with med's, who knows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

No training, no tactics, wrong decision about accelerated pitstop (or not) stop & go penalty for speeding (I do not know where)
    additionally, after contact with Bill, I damaged the Opel Astra
    Another "not perfect" weekend

Congratulations Andrew, Jens and Bill

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Early laps, was trying to save my front left tyre as much as possible in T1 and the final corner.

Michals early pit caught me off guard and I debated pitting next lap, but saw he was in traffic and then dropped further back with some issue, so stuck to plan.

Gained a couple of seconds of Jens through the pits stops and managed to hold that to the line.

Congrats to both my teammates for joining me on the podium.

• Like Like x 3