Round 7 Suzuka

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Championship 1988 S1 Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server Online

2. Nigel Middleton

Server will be back up early Saturday evening.

3. Nigel Middleton

Server back up :)

4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Thank you Gods of Racing! Ill accept this one!! :D

Q -
    Close with a bunch of guys except for Stefan, whose lap was something else.
    R -
    Dropped some spots at 1st lap hassle and just wasnt my day but like this mod really much so just wanted to race.
    Was me and Ken for a long time until my car started to push and went wide. Let Ken go, no point start make
    trouble as it might just end badly and long way home still.
    Then the Heinz ( Harald Frenzen ) effect started and went wide and spun and was all alone at 3rd spot untill...
    something weird happened at ending laps and won.

5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It took me a while during pre-race practice to get the setup working how I wanted it, basically to make sure the front tyres stayed alive and didn't wear out whilst running a half-decent lap time. Surprisingly got 4th in Qual, which I was happy enough with for a 45 min race.
    At the start I got a good launch which got me past Toni and gave me a chance of taking 2nd from Klaus, but he defended T1/2 well enough that I had to settle for 3rd. Then on L3 I ran off at Degner 1 which dropped me back a few places, but at least the tyres weren't trashed and I only took minor damage which didn't affect the car :)

I found I was able to then follow Toni in making progress forward again and eventually we found ourselves in 2nd/3rd. It looked like he was struggling a bit with tyres, whilst I could maintain my pace without hurting mine, so when he went wide at T2 I was through into 2nd. I was happy enough with that but then saw the gap to Stefan was dropping pretty quickly with plenty of time left, so when he stopped around 5/6 laps from the end, I was in 7th Heaven, but not for long! :eek:
    I had 12-13 secs on him when he came back out and I figured if he had stopped for tyres then he could just get back up to me before the end, but as Toni said, the Racing Gods were favouring him today and when I glanced at the HUD coming up to Degner again, it was enough to put me off, but this time it removed the front left wheel/suspension :mad:

It was great racing while it lasted and I look forward to more of the same in future:)

6. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Pro Driver

hi, i not came home on time to race suzuka , a shame cuz i wanted to use these beasts of 1988 that i tested this morning, they sound powerful and is funny to handle. But i will be in adelaide!. I hope yu had a funny race ! see u soon!

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry you missed it Daniel, the race was great fun :)

• Like Like x 2