rFactor 2 Round 8 Brands Hatch GP

Discussion in 'BTCC Winter Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

Soft/Medium is the mandatory Tyre Tuning option for this race. Make sure to select it in the rF2 Tuning screen before joining the server.

3. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Last round of the series and it's at Brands ... a track with which I have always failed to gel :(
    Qualifying went much better than expected and I netted P4 :).
    When I dropped the clutch at the race start I was amazed to find myself zooming from P4 to P1 :eek: but Michal soon got on my case and we had a close battle until he got the better of me. After he went past my rF2 went REALLY slow, like a slideshow ... it lasted for a few laps and I thought about abandoning the race since Ken was battling with me and I was afraid of a crash. Fortunately it started running smoothly again but Ken then found a way past and soon opened up a gap. No rest for me, though, since Ed joined the fray and then Flaviu decided that he also wanted to play. We had a titanic battle for several laps until Flaviu passed me just before he pitted. Eventually I found myself in P2 but there was no way I was going to close the 10 sec gap to Ken. There was still plenty of pressure though since Ed was constantly 0.5 to 1 sec behind and waiting to pounce. This state of affairs continued to the chequered flag since Michal ran out of laps whilst trying to make up for his pitstop.
    Congrats to Ken and Ed for their race podiums and to Jens and Michal for their Championship podiums :).
    Thanks for this series, Ken, it has been a blast :cool:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

The less said about my race the better.

First few laps were incredibly tight and great fun, but then the tyres started going and I was hating life.
    Randomly tried to 2 stop, but found that wasn't going to work.
    Add 2 x stop/go penalties
    Add 2 x spins (1 requiring another new set of tyres)
    Shoot me now o_O

Congrats for the win Ken, and thanks again for hosting the championship :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

season of missed opportunities
    at first, when I tried, the computer wailed.
    at the end, as there were chances of victory, there was no preparation
    errors, errors errors

but everyone had their problems

Congratulations to the winners

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Congratulation to the winner of the race @Ken Jagger and for podium @Bill Grewcock and @Edward Jones and also congratulation for championship @Bill Grewcock !!
    This last race was a very enjoyable one for me. I'm really sorry I can't prepare my race as I want, but with my new job it is very hard.
    I qually very bad, 1 full second off my best time in practice. I don't know, I couldn't focus on driving.
    The start was also pretty bad, lost instantly one place. The first couple of laps was a group ride, then cars start to separate each other.
    In the end I get behind Ed and Bill and start a very good three cars party.
    It was a very tough and I hope clean fight whit Ed, first, and then with Bill.
    I had a fierce fight with them and I enjoyed every single lap. For a short time I was on second place and thinking to not enter the pit for tyers. But I didn't want to risk and ruin someone else race struggling to keep my car on black stuff. So I pitted and exit on 6. From this point I was alone on track and was ... boring. End of race.
    Thank you Ken for a very nice series.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ken Jagger

Grats to Bill on taking the Championship at a tightly fought final round. If only all our series could be this close. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Congratulations to Bill Grewcock on the championship. His driving is as steady as a rock......

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1