Assetto Corsa Round 8 Donington GP

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Roy Cop, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

On Saturday 11 August the final race of the Seat Leon Series 2 will be run. It promises to be a good one. Fights are still on for a good position in the standings.
    Don't be shy, come join us and make this an epic one!

Donnington SRO.jpg

2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Server is up, so get in there and do some laps

3. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Im joining just for the last round, will try at least.
    I dont know if someone asked about it.
    The server is set to a kind of weather, that on offline conditions is called "Clear2".
    This set, is supposed to be clear skies with no clouds? Because on my machine looks really, really dark. Even at mid day, 12:00PM, the sun is out but the whole scenario looks quite dark.

Is possible to change this set, or this serves a purpose?
    Use the normal Clear time setting, or even Mid Clouds or Dark Clouds, and I can see a lot better.

4. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

I was on the server yesterday and it was normal daylight. Not sure what's happened there Angelo

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Angelo, I think the weather for practise is set to "random". So it sometimes happens to be cloudy. If this bothers you, just forward to the next session. Usualy the weather changes.

6. Angelo dos Santos

Ok, thanks guys.
    Managed to get rid of this "Clear2" weather setting, after some research.
    I have no idea why was there, but I think is solved.

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

ALLRIGHT! 9 people have set times on the server. Only Larry and Karl are missing. Looks like we'll have a filled grid on Saturday.
    And times are close by the looks of it. I'm expecting a hard fought race :cool:

8. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Better late than never I will try my first race with this mod. After my first few laps I has to admit that I definitely missed something. But I lack a bit in speed, was surely not a joy to race against me Roy :p I studied your and Hakans lines etc. but still there is room for improvement. I dont like the last two hairpins, probably because I m too slow there. Maybe I have even set up wise deficits, no idea how big the impact is.
    And if nothing helps maybe a different strategy will help. Looking forward to race with you ;)

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

The setup for these cars is very important. It took me a while to find the sweetspot and I now have a very good base setup that needs only small changes for each track. And believe it or not, but there are guys out there that are way faster than me. And when I say "way faster", I mean a full second on a track like this. :eek:

10. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I haven't practiced on the official server, but set some times on my own practice server last week, and hoooo boy, am I screwed. :D

The hairpins are slow for everybody, but I seem to lose all my time just trying to keep the car on the pavement and out of the sand/grass in sector 1. I ran the SRS race on Tuesday in the Nissan Primera BTCC (which was advertised as 20min but was SURPRISE a 60min enduro) and all it did was cement my dislike of Donnington, and confirm that I have a lot to learn about car setups, as I was down by almost 10 seconds to the leaders for a while.

Oh well. It's still a chance to drive imaginary race cars. There are worse ways to spend a Saturday. :D

11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

@Pasha Paterson Don't you worry about being "slow", you'll gain 24 seconds because you're the only one not having to pit.
    Oh and please don't compare the Nissan BTCC to this mod. That Nissan is nothing near as good as the SEAT mod and a bitch to drive. There is a group working on a new batch of "Super Tourers" (Ford Mondeo, Nissan Primera, Vauxhall Vectra, Volvo S40....) Which are in BETA form already way better than the "old" Nissan.
    And even better news is that even another group is working on the same cars fot GTR². :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pasha Paterson

:D I doubt that; fuel consumption seems to be way easier to handle here than at Spa because there's just that one long back straight. I had several liters left last time I did a 40min test. It would be great if some folks could try a full practice race though.

13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

You seem to forget that the faster the laptimes, the more fuel you use. And you've raced with us gas guzlers before, so you know we like burning that racefuel :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Angelo dos Santos

Seems like I will be out. My brother is coming from another city to visit me.
    I will know for sure only about 3 to 2 hours before race time. So I will keep my entry for now, and will unregister with more than a hour in advance, case I cant make it.

15. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Nope, your brother can wait :) Do the race, let him watch :D

16. Pasha Paterson

Just over 45 minutes on a single tank, averaging low-to-mid 1:38 if you discount the out- and in-laps, almost set my fastest lap on the last one.

If you're under 2.12 L/lap you're good to go without stopping.

This has been another exciting episode of Revealing Your Trade Secrets.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pasha Paterson

"Who's a dirty girl?"
    acs 2018-08-11 10-47-05-89.png
    acs 2018-08-11 10-48-59-48.png

18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Is that how she looks after 40 minutes of racing or do you never wash the car? Clean it, you'll be faster :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Angelo dos Santos

Had to unregister last minute, unfortunately.
    Really sorry if I broke some rule.

I wasnt really expecting a visit this Saturday. For me to give up a race is something very rare.

20. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

sorry to late hour appearance and then with Pascha help and all warming welcome, i got in just on time, but with zero practice and no setup that made strange braking of seat, i had to quit.
    By the way, did i break any rule at the start??
    i will be here for more racing, that´s for sure.
    thanks guys