rFactor 2 Round 8 Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 13, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

1979 Ferrari T4 Formula 1 at Laguna Seca August '16

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

ADDITIONAL RULE TO THE STARTPROCEDURE:

As of now there will be a "safe zone" for the start. You can not overtake in that safe zone and the polesitter has to keep his speed at 120 km/h = 74 miles. Cars will have to drive behind eachother. If you do overtake in the safe zone, you get a 30 seconds time penalty on the final standings, as this is the last race.

Procedure:
    1. start formationlap
    2. go to startingbox
    3. start at the green light
    4. go through the safe zone at 120 km/h
    5. start the race at the end of the safe zone

The Safe zone ends directly after the Andretti hairpin.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Because this is a DX9 track, some track side objects are a bit "shiny". Don't let it bother you, because the racetrack itself looks absolutely fine.
    This is because the track was selected before the DX11 implementation.

It will be a great last round. There are still fights going on for championship standings, my self included.
    I say ... bring it on !! I'm looking forward to a great last stand :). Do or die brothers!

And I also would like to thank Nigel Middleton and Mark Hightree, the chiefs of SRO, for doing a great job on developing this site and making series like this possible. Great job guys!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Agreed John.
    Likewise, my thanks also go out to Nigel & Mark + yourself too of course.:)

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

The track is challenging for these cars and I am struggling. I am also getting an abnormally bright track. John I saw your note about that issue but the problem seems a bit extreme on my system. Like the sand looks snow covered and the bright curbs blend into the sand so it's difficult to see them and determine the boundaries. Any suggestions?

7. John vd Geest

I have tried to find a DX11 version, but no luck.

There are 3 options;
    1. since it's the last race, we just take it like it is, as long as you can see the track.
    2. Pick a different track for tonight: Interlagos (standard game track and everybody knows it)
    3. Postpone. Pick another date and different track.

I'm for option 1. It isn't too bad for me. I can see the track fine although is shines a be on the curbs.

8. John vd Geest

With 26 drivers signing up for this champ. these are the prizes for the top 10 in the final standings after round 8;
    The prize money is in Euro's.

1 place € 74.67
    2 place € 56.00
    3 place € 42.00
    4 place € 32.67
    5 place € 23.33
    6 place € 16.80
    7 place € 12.13
    8 place € 9.33
    9 place € 7.47
    10 place € 5.60

9. John vd Geest

We will be starting this race as normal; formation lap, then startingbox and then safezone (see post above).

The penalty for esc. on track in qualifying and then going out again, is a 20 seconds timepenalty on the final raceresult.
    Because that's what it would take to do a drivethrough.

10. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

It's certainly bright! But I believe, not just because I am fastest in practice (that won't last long), that it is raceable.

It's either 1 or 2, although as I am out this afternoon might not be on track much before Q time anyway, so 1 gets my vote.

11. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Postpone would be great.. I probably won't make this one, since my nephew was born the house is always full with family and friends..
    I still have to install the track, no practice :)
    What's wrong with the track?

12. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

It is just very bright because it is DX9 and rf2 is DX11. No reason not to race though

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Ok..
    I'll try and join latter

14. John vd Geest

I'll make a decision; The race is on for tonight.
    Time to rap this up :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I turned down the track detail and turned off reflections and that seemed to help a bit. I got used to it after some laps. This track is a wild ride for sure. Should be a good time.