Round 8 Okayama GP

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The course was opened in 1990 as a private race track for the wealthy. Soon, it hosted its first race, staged by veteran British drivers.

In 1994 and 1995, the TI Circuit hosted the Formula One Pacific Grand Prix; both events were won by Michael Schumacher in his early title-winning years. This race made Japan one of only seven countries to ever host more than one Formula One event in the same year. It was discontinued primarily due to its location in a remote area of Japan.

In March 2003, "Tanaka International Company", parent company of "TI Circuit Company", applied for Civil Rehabilitation Law. After the application, Unimat Holding Co., Ltd. announced that it would support TI Circuit Company. The owner of the circuit was renamed Okayama International Circuit Co., Ltd. on May 1, 2004, and the name of the circuit was renamed "Okayama International Circuit" on January 1, 2005.

On October 26, 2008, the circuit hosted a round of the Formula V6 Asia and FIA World Touring Car Championship. The WTCC race was the first world championship FIA race since 1995. However, it was announced on June 21, 2010 that Suzuka Circuit would host the Japan round of the 2011 WTCC season instead of the Okayama International Circuit.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

POLL QUESTION - Which Assetto Corsa mods do you want to be used for the next G.E.A.R. series?
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...-for-the-next-g-e-a-r-series.2866/#post-18136

If you have any comments, please post them there instead of here.

With this poll we are giving members an input in the series selection process. There are 3 choises for the G.E.A.R. series that you would like to see next.
    You can find more info on the Assetto Corsa mods chosen below.

4. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hi guys, can I drive the Porsche for the last round?

5. John vd Geest

The idea behind this championship is that everybody selects a car for the whole season. It would not be fair to change cars because it suits the track beter.
    The Sauber had benefits for certain tracks and not for others. That is the choise we made. I would like the Porsche also for this track, but I choose the Mazda so I can't take it.

6. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Sure, I'm aware of that, that's why I choose the Sauber because I like the car more than the others cars even knowing it would have been harder fighting for the championship, in my opinion it would have been more balanced with a le mans or/and Monza , but I missed 3 races so I maybe wrong. I though you John changed car at some point, from a Porsche to a Mazda, isn't it?

7. John vd Geest

Yes I did, because I was too strong in the Porsche. Going to the Mazda with the weightballast made me a midfield runner and I had to fight much harder.
    I was a downgrade, not an upgrade :)

8. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Was really looking forward this final round, but unfortunately I cant race.

Thanks for the oportunity to race those great machines. Was a great experience.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I'm sorry everyone but I can't make this one.

It's my birthday tomorrow and I originally thought I would not be going out in the evening but although I might make it, I don't want to mess anyone around.

@John vd Geest you are most welcome to use the RE-Amemiya car if you wish.

Many thanks for setting up this league, I have an awful lot to learn with this car (although I want to drive the 962 and Sauber to compare lap times) but they are great fun and good selection of tracks.

Also thanks for letting me help with the liveries and setting up the skinpack.

Although I know Project Cars 2 is more simcade than sim but I wonder if any of us would be up for a Group C league using that title? I'm certainly in for the V12 Jag! lol

All the best :)

10. John vd Geest

The last race at Okayama will also be broadcasted. You can watch it here:

Or go to "Live Streaming" on the top of your page.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Happy birthday Andrew!!
    And I have to thank you for doing those great skins. You are a big help.
    I'll ask Rob to give me your skin. For luck :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Happy birthday Andrew enjoy your day :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Sorry Gentlemen I can't make it tonight. Enjoy the final race and I'll see you at the next group c championship.

14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I'll not be able to make this one guys.
    Good luck all

15. Andre Hildebrandt

Andre Hildebrandt Pro Driver

Hi John, is there a reason my car has ballast for 20kg for the final race?

16. John vd Geest

Ask Rob Milliken on the server to reset it.

17. Andre Hildebrandt

Andre Hildebrandt Pro Driver

ok

18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

07:00 wake up, dog out, kid to school, practice 1hour, cycle to work, do work, cycle home, dog out, eat, sleep 00:00
    repeat whole week
    join server and find out its cancelled.

got nothing good to say.

try finish what you start.

And finally Thank you John for the fantastic series, You made me buy the game and fell in love with that delicate piece of shit they call Mazda :p

19. John vd Geest

I quite understand your feelings and agree with you. But it's BS to do a 1 hour race with only 5 guys. I would have loved to do this last event, but only 5 guys is not acceptable for 60 minutes racing.

Thanks Toni. Was a great series untill the last event.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  20. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Cancelled ? I just had to rebuild the server files now 3 of us are in Q? Wtf is going on ?