rFactor 2 Round 9 Oulton Park International - Wed Nov 9, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 9 OULTON PARK INT.

Oulton Park is a hard surfaced track used for motor racing, close to the village of Little Budworth, Cheshire, England. It is about 5 mi (8.0 km) from Winsford, 13 mi (21 km) from Chester city centre, 8 mi (13 km) from Northwich and 17 mi (27 km) from Warrington, with a nearby rail connection along the Mid-Cheshire Line. It occupies much of the area which was previously known as the Oulton Estate. The racing circuit is owned and operated by Jonathan Palmer's MotorSport Vision organisation.

Circuit

The track is characterised by rapidly changing gradients, blind crests and several tight corners. The full circuit is 2.692 mi (4.332 km). The highest part of the course is Hill Top. Paddock facilities are reasonable in size with large areas of hard-standing and some power points.

The race track can be adapted for shorter courses. The "Foster's" Circuit, which is 1.660 mi (2.672 km), comprises half of the "Cascades" corner followed by the "Hislop's" chicane, it then heads onto Knickerbrook and up the 13% gradient of Clay Hill to work its way round to the start/finish straight. The British Touring Car Championships uses all of the Cascades Corner and Lakeside but then forks off into a hairpin before Island Bend. This hairpin cuts out all of the Island section of the circuit and takes the cars straight back over Hill Top.

Beginning in 2007, all the circuit's marshalling stations were redesigned with protective cages. This was to prevent incidents similar to those seen in the 2006 season when cars had collided with marshalling posts. A cage-protected marshals station was also built at the bottom of the back straight near the chicane preceding Knickerbrook.

Oulton Park Mini Festival 2014 Pre-66 Race 1 Tim Harber Crash

2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

SERVER UPDATE

Please be advised that our rFactor 2 servers are now officially on v1131.

4. John vd Geest

The DLC Mini Coopers have been updated from v1.05 to v1.09.
    We are busy updating the servers for tomorrow's race.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Lets hope the new version has even less HP and more anti-gravtiy flipability

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Oulton Park Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 7
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Oulton Park event page.

4. You can find the server by first typing sro

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

7. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

8. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

9. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received.

If you have questions, please ask them below.

7. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

:) New driver to RF2, so just trying to get the feel for the sim, the Minis seem a lot of fun but hard work to drive, Hoping to have a good race but really don't know how RF2 reacts to setups etc, any quirks the sim has, so please forgive my lack of knowledge on this sim.
    PC2 is what I mostly race at SRO so I understand how it works at end of practice, quail etc, pitstops and so on.
    Does the admin end practice and Quali and you just end up on the home screen as such and are automatically put on the start line or do you have to press the race button or anything?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  8. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

At the end of each session you are dumped back to the race menu with the other drivers (where you began when you entered the server). When the server changes to race (after warm up) you have about 30 or so seconds (you will see the timer at the top) to press drive to get on the grid. Then wait for the lights/flag etc....THEN GO GO GO! :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Thanks for explaining this Neil :)

11. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

My version is still 1.05. So I can't get on the server. How do I get 1.09???

12. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

It is included in the new build update v1131 available on steam. Just have to install it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Thx Kiril, for some reason these files didn't update for me automatically, but I've done it manually now. Cheers

14. Neil Wood

Uninstall the vmods/rfmods associated with the mini from previous races and things should update on next game restart.

15. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Thx Neil

16. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Very well done to @Kiril Kirilov ! Too strong for me today and his pressure paid off as I made a mistake.
    Well done @Caitlin Penny on a fine 3rd. Cheers for the racing, nice to have a new face too @Julian Smith

• Like Like x 5
  17. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

First race for me on RF2 and a bit of a learning curve on how it all works, drives a lot different to what I'm used to and getting a setup on the mini that works for the race :confused: was difficult.
    Unfortunately I did have a couple of glitches with my VR which I hope will get sorted with the addition of a new GPU when I can get one, However I did enjoy the race and amazing pace to the front guys and looked close hard racing.
    The Mini does make me laugh though, one wrong curb and your on the roof, thank god for seatbelts and roll cage;)
    Thanks to all.:)

• Like Like x 6
  18. John vd Geest

Well, I'm an rF2 veteran, but I have to say that the Mini drives a lot different for me too than what I'm used to in rF2. :p
    This front-wheel drive baby has the strongest force on the front wheels than any other front-wheel drive I know in rF2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

Went into this thinking "I know this track, so I should be good here!", hahahahaha NOPE!

Overfilled with fuel in qually and put myself at the back of the grid as usual. Start was busy and the track was blocked with side by side racing. I made myself vulnerable while trying to pass one of the two cars ahead and left the door open to the car behind and through they went.

With 24 mins to go chasing @Julian Smith he went so sideways into a right hander, I guess I got distracted and hit the grass and was sent directly to the barriers! Car damage and down to the last place.

Only got back up one place when @Dan Houk seemed to go end over end out of the chicane somehow. Tried my hardest to get laptime out of a damaged car and chase the car ahead. Either I was putting good laptimes in or they were making mistakes. I got my hopes up when I was within one second only to find out drafting on the main straight it was the chequered flag! I needed just one more lap!!! I think I need to set my white flag settings again.

Hoping for more luck at Gingerman.

• Like Like x 3
  20. John vd Geest

I like Gingerman very much. It's a very good track for the Mini's and has a great layout.
    I had a lot of fun testing the track with the Mini, so it should be a fun event.

• Like Like x 1