Project Cars 2 Round 9 @ Road America - Pre/post race comments

Discussion in 'SRO Indycar Road Series Closed' started by Kenny Press, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Looking forward to this race. Lets see how pit stop strategy will influence the result.
    Last race i was on P1 before the general pitting was starting. After everything was done i was last. :(

3. Gerhard Hofmann

Grats Scott, perfect ride without mistakes. no idea whos fault our contact was, i tried to stay inside, we were side by side and touched. didnt effect the result,
    you deserved the win 100 %

Corner 1: Stefan is very sorry, he told me he was braking early but anyway too late, so he crashed Roberto.
    He is begging for accceptance of his apologize. ( he has no english-skills, so i write it for him)

4. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

Hi guys, no problem for the accident.
    Congrats on the win to Scott.
    See you next race :)

Ps:
    Sorry for my bad start at Zolder of last week in the Lambo series - I had problem with the shifter :(

5. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Nice battle Gerhard, for the first laps, I had way more downforce so I was way faster in the twisties then he'd blast by me on the straights. So I figured I'd stay behind and hoped we could draft away but Kenny and Roberto (with a bent car!) were catching us. I looked at my laps times and I had not gone faster than a :53 in 4 or 5 laps so I thought I HAVE to get around Gerhard. Normally I wouldnt risk passing into the Carousel, I thought I'd clear him going in, but nope and I didnt leave quite enough room.
    So I guess we all had some damage, but I came out the luckiest.
    I watched the replay of Roberto manhandling his bent suspension, but then he had some gearbox problems 2 or 3 times.. Do you think it was from getting hit in the gearbox? or from shifter problems?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

Hi Scott,
    I had shifter problems because of the potenziometers of my steering wheel, I think I 'll change them next week.
    Bye :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Forgot to tell:
    Very strange race for me:
    Very good quali for me, just small gap to Roberto, who is the benchmark with this monster of car!
    But i lost P2 because i got a penalty for speeding in the pits when exiting to quali.
    OK P3.
    Race: Incident in Corner 1, Stefan crashes Roberto, they go off both, i have to break very hard to avoid the
    contact, Scott has no chance and hits me a bit, both cars are damaged slightly. Then, as Scott says, good fights
    with both of us, because we had completely different setups: He had high wings and a lot of downforce, i had a fast rocket
    with the grip of a bathtub. So we changed positions several times.
    Unfortunately we had a contact when Scott tried to overtake me on the outside, we were side by side and touched. watching the replay
    i can tell, its nobodys fault!! it depends on the camera view, every view shows a little bit different results.
    I had to pit and got a new frontspoiler.
    Unfortunately, the accident happened 1 lap to early, i ran out of fuel at the end, so i had to pit again to take some liters.
    Anyway: Very good race from Scott, great win. Sorry for Roberto, loosing the race in Corner 1.

Unfortunately i have to miss the last round, i am on holiday at that time, good luck for all of you, cu.
    PS: i joined these series very late, because i thought this is a series of oval racing, which is not my favorit.
    But i have to say, car - track combo of this series is really great! It would have deserved a larger grid!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019