S2-R4 GT World Zolder (Sprint)

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Outline of the GT World Zolder
    30 minute race, in-game start time TBA

The GTR3 class is the most densely populated car class in RaceRoom to date, spanning a wide variety of exciting racecar models from around the globe. All on a level playing field, all capable of taking the win with the right driver at the wheel and all equally capable of biting you if you get it wrong. This pack contains a amount of liveries across the 18 unique car models from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche.

Located in Belgium, this undulating and highly entertaining track has been the scene for high level motor racing since its opening in 1963. Fast flowing corners and well implemented chicanes provide ample overtaking opportunities.

noname.png
    Belgium
    Established:1963
    Turns:10
    Length:4.011
    Layouts:1

2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

leadr.png leader board asset 2.png
    Link to live Practice Leaderboard
    https://game.raceroom.com/leaderboa...ar_class=class-1703&team=sro+r3e+esports+team

Practicing with other drivers is fun and competitive on its own and there is not always someone on the dedi-server the same time as you or maybe the server isn't up yet. Here with RaceRoom Racing you can join the SRO leaderboard and set a best lap for others to practice against or you against their ghost car.

Good Luck and may the fastest be with you

• Like Like x 2
  3. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I just warn you that; In Zolder, the sim gives suspension issue seriously as soon as touch the sousage ( big ) kerbs at chicane, neither gently nor harder. I tested 3 saperate sessions in single practice. I highly recon you test the track and get precaution before the test. If it is possible, please make server is on and lests test it. I drive Porsche.
    Edit:
    Found clutch issue with my wheel set. But still to check pointed issue.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I will turn damage off. It is just a sprint race.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Hi
    Not sure if I make it tonight, some logistics problem here .

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Theres no password

7. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I just put it.

8. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Wow took a little while to adjust to this track, it looks nothing like the ACC version, or indeed from what i remember in raceroom; all the trees were cut down, more track camber than i'd noticed before, taller walls. I almost forgot where i was and what corner was next.

Kinda just used my nurburgring setup and tweaked the front end for more turn in and the rear for more compliance, surprised by pace, taking pole was very surprising!
    Assumed i would start on the inside lane, so knew Taner would probably get ahead, which he did but then lost it on the kurb! Bad luck. Definately took a lap or two before tyres warmed up. Then had Ken right behind me for most of the race, making it pretty stressful! Was strugglling into the second chicane alot, losing the rear.

I noticed my tyres had gone yellow so was busy looking at the values and adjusting my TC setting back up and so didnt noticed you had come alongside as we went up the hill and so kinda backed off a bit. After he went off at the second corner it was a lonely drive to the finish.
    Well done everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

My race was over on lap 2, one of the steering clamps let loose and I am trying to drive and position the wheel back. After 5 more laps adjusting its position I lost my brakes. Pfff, Pit and leave. I was everywhere but on the track.

Grats Mark, and podium.

I love this track. Fast and hard braking.. See ya'll at the next get together

• Like Like x 2
  10. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to all three podium player , and Thank you admins for all the effort put in to it.
    And great come back Ed glad too see:cool:

Sorry to say that the RRE "Spritis" isn´t with me :(. I´v xxxx up every race here.
    Did a so so qual ending 4 .Did a ok start not great but ok ,and try to hang on close to Mark,
    but not to close ,went ok to 2 chicane :eek::eek::oops: In all my race on Zolder I´v never put the car on the left
    hand side in the"Gravel" and deep. took several try to get the car out off there. Could close in on Doug due
    to his problem and pass him, then chase for Ed and Artur but got no progress at all in 25+ min . Until 2 laps from the end
    when Artur got some problem?

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Short but though race. Good job Mark, solid pace.
    I planned agressive TC for standing start that worked, but I should have raised immediatly but forgot and spin at that much curved and fast turn. I covered the time lost with my chance that Ken had a half spin at carousel style turn and got finished in front of him but would not be enough only 3 points closed.
    PS I still struggle with RR phsiques. For exmple, If you catch gravle a bit ( even ), car doesn want to turn anywhere but the other two tires on asphalt. That bother me all the time. Should be some tolerance there to turn a side.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Artur Langenfeld

Artur Langenfeld Pro Driver

Posadz ( Posadz ) Witam, zabrakło mi paliwa. Błędnie obliczona :) wyścigu

13. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

tenor.gif

• Like Like x 1