Assetto Corsa Seat Leon 2 Round 5 Nurburgring Sprint

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I'm on the server right now. If anyone is up for some practise

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

I will be on tonight ! but its your early morning i think ~! ?
    Any set up tips for these cars ? does anyone even use the rear down force ? :p Hi camber ? low ? I seem to be way off in thees this round ..lol
    I have issues with turn in and then mushy body sway .. I have tried stiff springs ,soft springs .. ectt .. :rolleyes::D

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Rear downforce for this one is tricky. The car tends to skid off track while braking for the 1st corner. Adding rear downforce helps solving this issue. Setups are always a compromise
    The "mushi body sway" thing (i'm envisioning a bit of Captain Sparrow here) might be solved by playing around with tyre pressure. But i'll have to see It on track to be sure.

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

6. Rob Milliken

Yes tire pressure was to low & I took some toe out ,re adjusted the power & coast & now it turns in pretty good !

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Come on people, go on the server and get some tracktime. Show us you're into this!

8. Rob Milliken

I cut my sim racing teeth at nurburg sprint way back in the rf1 days ...! this & silverstone nat were on the BRO's server rotation oh & the infamous Toban (love that track to) .lol we raced it in the clio's & meganes ! it was up every day all day & night :Dit always had good drivers on it .. back then not so many sims were out so the lobby's were always full .. good times ..so i love this track !:rolleyes:

9. Rob Milliken

For what ever reason the AC server lobby is down across the net ... This must have just happened as 3 or 4 have posted in the support forum when i looked to see if it was just me ..
    so if you don't see any servers atm its not your install ..;) hope it will be fixed soon .. maybe they are fusing the server network to add ACC Blancpain ? ! its getting close to launch .....:rolleyes:
    All You AC R Belong to US .......

10. Rob Milliken

Servers are back up !~

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

All right! I see people are starting to get some laps in. :)

12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Has the race password been set yet? Or will it be the standard one today?

14. Rob Milliken

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Racereport

Today was the 5th race of the series. It would be run on Nurburgring Short, which is very well suited for touring cars.
    Judging by the times set during practise runs over the last few days it was going to be a fast one.

Qualifying;
    Sean put in an early fasted lap of 1.34.776. Having done an 1.34.45 just before qualifying I knew I had a bit of a buffer. To my amazement I was unable to go faster than an 1.34.801. On top of that Hakan put in a late fast lap the was very close to mine. Weird, until I found out after qualifying that I had 55 liters of fuel on... :oops::mad:
    Anyway, a well deserved pole for Sean, Roy 2nd, Hakan 3rd

Race;
    Since the 1st corner of this track is a very tight 170° we had to be careful to keep it clean. Start, and away we went. It looked like we all had a good start arriving at the 1st corner in sequence of qualifying. No paint was exchanged, and all mirrors were still on the cars. Nice, but Sean was still ahead of me. So I got my head down and tried to stay on his bumper. Stayed very close to him over a series of corners until we came up to the Bilstein Curve where I got a better exit than Sean. This gave me a good tow of his car and the speed to get along side him. I could have taken the inside at the Advan bogen but decided against that because he would close the door on me. At that point i was not sure he knew i was that close. So I took the outside giving me the inside for the chicane. Now I don't know if he knew I was there, but I was on the far right of the track when he bumped into my car. This made my car swerve getting 2 wheels on the grass. It corrected itself, but apparently it had slightly altered direction (no steering input from me) having our 2 cars slightly touch again. I was at that time focused on the chicane and did not see what happened to him. It had him veer off track. (we talked about it after the race and both of us see it as a racing incident). Got through the chicane slower than I would normally do because of the sharper turn-in I had to do. Got through the final corner of the first lap only to see Hakan in the mirror instead of Sean. Since Hakan is not the slowest guy in the field I just concentrated on doing a few fast laps But at this pace the car was burning to much fuel to make the 26 laps the race was going to be. So I drove as smooth as I could. I had to keep a good eye on what whoever was 2nd was doing and adjusted my pace to be just a bit faster but still as smooth as I could be. On lap 10 or so Sean got passed Hakan for 2nd. At that time there was a 9 second gap from 1st to 2nd. That for me was enough, so I started shortshifting just to be sure I could make it to the finish. Then to my amazement Sean pitted at the end of lap 18. Was this a gamble or an attempt at doing an "undercut"? Having fresh tyres and low fuel does gain you some laptime, but that only works If others pit too. By then the lead I had on Hakan was about 13 seconds. Figuring he was concerving fuel to keep his 2nd spot and me still in need of about 0.5 liters of fuel, I slowed down enough to get out of the danger zone. Finished the race with 0.6% of fuel left.

Result;
    1st Roy, 2nd Hakan, 3rd Larry Well done to all 3, and all others too

In the end only 2 drivers seem to have pitted for fuel. I didn't expect that.

Next one Magny-cours. Not sure what to expect, but still looking forward to it. CU all there

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

BTW, I've asked Rob to have the server set at 100% grip all the time. This gives everyone the opportunity to do his testing online in the same condition as the race will be.
    So please go online when you see the server up and post laps. The more some of us will be online the more people see that and want to take part.

17. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Track Download: Magny Cours This track is not loading for me. Down loaded ok and is in the list of tracks for assetto corsa . But will not load... any ideas?

18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Sean, remove the old track from the folder. There might be an issue there.
    But if anyone has a problem with the download here (it works btw) drop me a message and i'll give you a link.

19. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

ok now. Track has two folders. i removed the first folder now all ok.

20. Rob Milliken

Ahh ok good ,caz i just tried mine and its fine ! :) yes that sub folder stuff gets me allot !