SEAT Leon Eurocup series

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Roy Cop, Aug 26, 2017.

?

Which night suits you best for the SEAT Europcup series

1. Monday evening

12.5%
  2. Thursday evening

50.0%
  3. Not interested (please tell us why)

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Guys, Since the BTCC Series is nearing its end there is a gap to fill. So it has been suggested to start a new series using the SEAT Leon Eurocup mod. This mod is just a little bit slower than the BTCC cars, but feel more sorted. It reacts well to setup changes and is even competitive in its standard setup.

Mod can be found here http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/seat-leon-cup.15203/

The idea is to do a test series of 4 races on either Monday or Thursday evenings. Qualifying would start at 7.40pm UK time, with the start of the race at 8pm. There will be 2 races of 20 minutes (or a set number of laps that would amount to 20 minutes) with the startgrid of the 1st race decided by qualifying. The 2nd race will be a reversed grid of the result of the 1st race.
    The tracks will be selected out of a pool of tracks that are not used a lot.

There is a poll attached to this thread to see who wants to race on which evening. Whichever night gets the most votes will the night the races will be run on.

So start voting. You can vote both nights if both suit you :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Anything between 20:00-22:00 is out for me during the week. Thursday would've been the preferred day otherwise as there are two new SRO series already planned for Monday at 19:00.
    First one is already in the list, with the 2nd one to run alternate weeks with it.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/22

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Ken, I can understand the times during the week are way off for you regretfully. I didn't know about the other series on Mondays. Rob gave me the day options so I went with those. Saturdays would be my preference, but those are taken up with other races.
    BTW, this will be a short test series. If there is enough interest it will grow into something bigger.

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry Roy I forgot about the rf1 series ;:oops: You guys still play rf1 ?? :D Just kidding ... hehe

so I vote Thursday ...:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Blame the Boss, he asked me to put an rF1 and AMS series together! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Test server is up !> A1-SRO-SEAT-MR-Stracker

simply type A1 in the server search window to find the SRO servers the easy way ;-)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

I took this mod for a spin & I must say it's put together nicely ,all the driving views work as they should ,the interior/dash & mirrors all in the perfect spot for good visibility and ease of seeing who's behind you :D pro job ...

Then i drove it and wow what an awesome car ! this will be a fun series ! we need to make it happen ! :)

Screenshot_seat_leon_eurocup_ks_silverstone_27-8-117-19-46-23.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

although it gets lots of positive reviews still not much of a mod fan (carwise)
    I do think it's good you chose for a day outside of the weekend, which is a bit too crowded with acleagues, certainly on sundayeve's
    maybe this helps in getting larger grids here as it's a rare alternative for people who wanna race but are busy during weekends

good luck!

9. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

As I see it we are not going to please everyone, admins are trying to put a championship on and please remember they give up there free time to do this, If the schedule does not suit you keep checking they will be something that you like.

Please remember all costs of this site are payed for by the owners, as we are massive simracing junkies :) If we had to rely on donations SRO would of disappeared in to oblivion a long time ago.

We appreciate every single member that supports SRO, But at times it does become difficult to please everyone. Please do not stop giving your feedback we do appreciate it.

We do very much appreciate your feedback that will make SRO a better place for you to race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Tim, no offence, but I feel by blatently dismissing all mods you are narrowing the experience you can have in the game (sim). Sure there are mods out there that are rubbish, but some are up to Kunos standard and some even go beyond that. I myself have sort off the same issue by being a FWD/touringcar fan. But I've set myself a goal to be able to do a descent race in RWD by the end of the year. And by that I mean to be at the level I am at in FWD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Pleasing everyone is impossible Nigel, I fully understand that. I'm a teacher and I pity our principal every time when an important decision has to be made.
    There will always be a group of people that will not agree with the decisions being made. Teachers are a difficult sort of people. Did I already mention I was a teacher? :p
    Nah seriously, I think you guys are doing great and try to listen to the people that come here and reply in a decent manner. You guys do your best to come up with refreshing alternatives, like that honey jar series f.e. (the cars are not my cup of tea but still, inventive nonetheless). That's why I keep visiting this site here. Respect!
    I just replied with my reason as Roy asked when I ticked the box of the third choice in the poll. It does not mean I'm unhappy or so, not at all.

@Roy: offence none taken mate, and with that vision you do have a point.
    It's not that I don't use mods at all (crewchief, plp f.e. and a few tracks like Poznan, Paul Ricard).
    Just staying away from the carmods as there are already plenty of them in vanilla AC (not the best selection imo,
    would swap with RRRE carpark in a heartbeat, not the physics though)
    and secondly: it does divide the simcrowd even more.

By the way I use these goals as well, you know: Now I'm trying to understand how to setup a GT3 car.
    And believe me, I still have a long way to go :confused:

Cheers,

Tim

• Like Like x 5
  12. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I'm also a teacher and I know what you mean, and it sucks!
    That's the biggest (or one of the biggest) problem in democracy: the majority can be "wrong", i.e., they can be the "unenlightened" part!
    But since the "majority" is the only "rational criteria", what can one do? It's that or a dictatorship or the will of a few... just like my school! aaahhaahahah

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

lol that enplanes allot about you 2 !
    Teachers ! I knew it ! :D

I work for the school district here in WA as well but for facilities & maintenance , so we keep the schools going , clean paint , prepare all the fields for sports ,fix all the broken windows ..lol
    working behind the seen with our teachers .. Its pretty cool as we get to interact in a different way with the kids & not have to deal with them ALL DAY ..hah :)

Hats off to you Teachers ! its a 24/7 job !

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

+1 Rob. Seems like some of us have something else in common besides racing. My company writes software for school districts and our users are teachers, maintenance guys and administrators :)

15. Rob Milliken

So at least a few have the mod , some ripping times on there as well !

A1-SRO-SEAT-MR-sTracker server :
    Desktop 08.29.2017 - 22.48.48.01.jpg

16. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I'm (still) just a phd student... I'm a part time teacher!
    But, if could i would fire 80% of them (ahahahh) starting from the top!!
    Reason: Teaching is not in the business of giving eyes (or a certain worldview) to those who already have them! No, teaching is in business of teaching kids how to use them... and that's precisely what "some" don't want..
    Proof: I'm a philosophy teacher.. the program is nothing more than right wing, european ideology

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Guys, no offence, but can we stay on topic please "SEAT Leon Eurocup series"

18. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Sure, please do...

19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So there are talks going on to do a testrace to get people interested. More info will follow. Try the race, who knows, you might like the mod ;)