Series Info

Discussion in 'GT3 Endurance Championship - Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to season 1 of the GT3 Endurance Championship, We will be using s397 GT3 Challengers Pack which is payware at £13.00

If you have not already purchased this pack I highly recommend you do as it is one of the best addons there is and will give some good racing.

There will be no need to choose a car you are free to race any car you like but which ever car you race in Round 1 that is the car you will have for all 5 rounds.
    It is highly recommended you try all the cars before you decide.

Purchase the Challengers Pack here https://www.studio-397.com/2018/12/gt3-challenge-pack/

Race 75 Minutes with formation lap
    Tyre Wear 100%
    Fuel x2
    Auto Clutch

SRO rules please read them here if you have not already done so https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/forums/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.158/

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nigel Middleton

Registration will be open soon.

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great to see this series go live. I'm very excited for it. These cars are great! Cool tracklist too!

4. Nigel Middleton

Registration now open https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/111

Please read the race settings.
    Looking forward to this as well John should be a good championship.

5. John vd Geest

The time frame for this series to start is a bit short (9 february), so the time space to promote this series is small.
    Therefore we need a lot of members to sign up quick to have a decent driver field.
    GT3 Challengers Pack is Payware £13.00 but well worth the money.
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1005/

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/111

Cars:
    GT3 Aston Martin Vantage
    GT3 Audi R8 LMS
    GT3 BMW M6
    GT3 McLaren 720S
    GT3 Porsche 911 GT3R

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

hey guys,
    why not both gt3 packs instead?I meant,most already have the first one...besides more cars to choose,the better!anyway,great series!

7. Nigel Middleton

9 February round 1 Spa

8. Nigel Middleton

We will stay with the one pack and see how the series goes may use both for a future series.

9. John vd Geest

I stand corrected :D

10. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

These cars have in the in car/in pit abs settings and TC settings activated.
    I would recommend turning ABS ASSIST off and TC ASSIST off at the server level for these cars.

The global ABS and TC "ASSIST" would override the in car TC/ABS settings. The way s397 has implemented in car controls for TC/ABS, it is now car specific. So you don't have to specify it at the server level or in the race rules anymore. We should not really be allowing the global "ASSIST" setting at server level.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nigel Middleton

ABS and Traction control will be down to the driver they will be not be active on the server :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  12. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Ok. I hope the TC and ABS assist settings are permanently disabled for rf2 servers going forward for all series. The cars now come balanced with the in car TC/ABS settings in mind.
    I was really disappointed that Low ABS ASSIST was allowed on endurance server season last season. It basically meant the 991 GTE lost it's only advantage against the Vette and BMW. There was no need to threshold brake and you could just stomp on the brakes without fear. It was like my poor little 991 got BOP'ed by John. :D

13. John vd Geest

Well, live is a learning curve. It's not there now :D

14. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

Is the formationlap included or excluded from the 75min racetime?

It would've been nice to get into a different car in all 5 rounds. (I don't care too much regarding championship points in the database if that's the issue)
    In that case one gets a chance to test all 5 cars in raceformat and it will be more worth the money been spend.

15. Nigel Middleton

Included in the 75 minutes.

Money will be well spent as there will be more series.
    We keep to the same make to avoid drivers picking cars for certain tracks.
    I have tested all of the cars they are all very good.

16. John vd Geest

We just got some more skins to choose from by Studio 397 :)

17. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

We could only do this if every car mod was updated to use the in-car capability. I doubt modder's will bother doing that, at least for older mods. I would say in the majority of cases we don't use global ABS/TC anyway.

Nigel has also found the the TC for the GT3 Challengers pack mod only works offline, but not online. Anybody else found this?

18. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

I haven't driven the cars online yet. If you throw up a server we can try it out this week before saturday. I haven't seen anyone report that on the s397 forums yet.

19. John vd Geest

There is a server online for the GT3 series starting next saturday.

20. Nigel Middleton

This series has a formation lap, On green do not race off the grid stay behind the car in front of you in a single file.

The pole sitter will do the formation lap not exceeding 100 km/h
    On the last corner coming on to the start finish the race will begin.

This will also be announced in the warmup session.