Project Cars 2 SRO FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Series 1

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Welcome to the FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Series 1 !
    This series is designed replicate GT3 racing in its pure form with 90 minute endurance style racing , series will include - mandatory pit stops - active weather -2 24h simulated races- free give away's & in the end will crown the 2018 FKR GT3 Endurance series 1 Champion !

As a special tribute to true endurance racing we will have 2 simulated 24 hr races (time accelerated 90 minute sessions) The first comes in round 3 on the US side of the globe at the iconic Road America , I Picked this track because when I drive it it just seems the perfect track for a 24 hr endurance race :D so now we will see but look at it ! , it has a bit of everything & its a longer lap so it just seemed like a good fit ,I hope you enjoy it or I hope its as good as I think it might be lol .. The second pick was easy 24 hrs of SPA ! look for fog & rain in this one, along with some sunshine :p.. it is spa .:rolleyes: & we all know what happens at spa stays at spa .. (stuck in the gard rail ...)

All SRO rules will apply to this series ! If you have not familiarized yourself with the rules you can find them HERE!

Pit Stops: FKR GT3 series 1 rules require each car must make 1 mandatory pit stop with a 4 tire change . This may be done at any time during the race . failure to make a pit stop/4 tire change will result in a DQ /0 points for said event. ( i don't think you can make 90 min on 1 set anyway :))

Weather: Expect some different conditions as the series moves along ,weather forecasts will be posted the week of the event for practice purposes but just to mix it up a bit we will have 2 races where one of the 4 weather slots will be set to RANDOM .. So be prepared for what ever the race gods throw at us .. (jfyi @ 90 min, each weather slot (4) is around 22 1/2 min )

Race Info: All races will have a standing start ! All drivers will be expected to execute a clean start meaning no dive bombing or abrupt lane changes , This does not mean you cannot take advantage of an opening it simply means use your head and do not force anything that might cause a wreck & get you a penalty .. refer to the rules under punting and such !;)

Free Random give Away: At no certain time during the series SRO will be awarding random drivers a free copy of Virtual Race Car Engineer ! so being on your best out there might just win you a free copy ! winners will be announced in the next events pre race !

All drivers are expected to know how the project cars 2 MP lobby works & understand about the 3 min cut off ...
    You will also need a good understanding of how the pit stops work and learn how to adjust on the fly ! If anyone needs any help just ask !

Server settings : The server will be set up as realistically as possible but I believe for a better experience damage will be set to 'Performance Impacting' I do this for 2 reasons, 1. its a 90 min race + all the practice already put in .If a driver biffs it in the first few laps His car wont be totaled so he can get repairs and continue .. 2. If you hit hard you will need repair but you car will not expire so you pay for your mistake ..but not with the life of your car !..see the definition Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.06 - 17.20.23.28.jpg

Realistic driving aids will be on so you will have TC & ABS as per pc2 GT3 spec's

Also pit stop errors & mechanical failures will be ON !

Registration is now open ! we have 16 slots atm , lets see if we can fill it up

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Nice one, PC2 is my favourite sim at the moment (for all it's faults).

Looking forward to this, I need to practice some more with the GT3's though.

They understeer very badly by default so I need to work on a style (and setup) that works.

4. Rob Milliken

Yea !~! I will have my FKR@SRO server up periodically for practice during the week.. & we should make & join a steam group for the series as well !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

What about some publicity on PC2 forums? Maybe we can achieve 15 riders (on track, of course...);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah it's worth a shot. The other GT3 league listed on there has been oversubscribed so it might help.

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys feel free to promote it wherever you feel it might have an impact. It doesn't just have to be done by SRO Admin's :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

I have it in the PC2 forum go make a post to bring it back up to the top !
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64473-FKR-GT3-Endurance-rcing-at-SRO

& also on one of the pc2 FB pages as well ..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1430202387077218/

You can 'save image as" and post the banner where ever you want to get some more eyes on it !
    We currently have a 16 slot DS & would be great to fill it ! .. If we do go over I can grease the wheels a little & bump us up to a 24 slot server ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

This weekend I put the fkr server up with 15 min Q /7 lap races and cycled threw all the tracks for the event .. the very first session we had 5 drivers after the 15 min Q . then by race 2 we had 19 drivers and it pretty much stayed full for the next 3 hours !! I was hoping to snag a few more drivers this way .. It seems a lot of players simply like the open server quick race format .. This is something I will be doing up to the week of the race so keep your eyes open for the FKR @ SRO GT3 server !

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Have came from the official pCARS2 forum to register, thought i'd jump in to say a quick hello.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Hi Dario !! glad to have you !! if you have any questions feel free to ask .. the site has a lot of things going on ! Check out the main forum page HERE for info ectt..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Hey Rob thanks for the warm welcome, I had a good nosey around the site earlier today and made myself familiar with the rules and other events etc.

A few questions I have just for clarification:
    With regards to the racing rules & regulations, specifically rule 1.2, on a standing start do you guys do a formation lap or do you just use the standing start option available in pCARS2?
    Also, do you use a teamspeak or discord at all or do I just show up and join the server with the password provided?

Other than that i think i'm good to go!

13. Rob Milliken

Good questions !
    For this endurance series we will do the standing start with no form lap. (we have the 1.2 rule that we use for AC and sometimes rf2 or any time the series calls for a form lap) I'm not to keen on the in game rolling start in PC2 & AC does not give any options , rf2's form lap's actually work pretty good online .. So we have the option/rule in place where series hosts can decide during planning what type of start to use for the series ..

We have a TeamSpeak server & I recommend all drivers try to be on for races but its not mandatory … even if you don't have a mic its good to be able to hear what's going on .. TS server info is in the forums .

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

Once you have signed up for a championship you can find passwords on the championships event page . we use a standard PW that will get you on all the servers up until race day ,at that time the PW is changed and only drivers registered for that race will see the race day pw on the champ page . you can see on the page that the race server pw is still blank but the practice server pw is posted , remember that practice server pw, its always the same /.. (until we do a general change)
    here is the event page for round 1@ Algarve https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/614

You can get to all the champ events from the Championships tab on the upper tool bar up there ^ with the Home , live Timing (not avail for pc2) , Downloads , Media Tabs ect.. once you open the Championships page click on your series , then the event you want to see info for .. Also as a SRO member once you log some races you will have a driver ranking with all your stats even down to consistency in all your sim's .. clicking on a drivers name you can view there stats from the champ pages ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Thanks for the clarification & info Rob, I failed to see the thread at the bottom of the forum about TeamSpeak lol but i'll get it set up and join in so you guys can keep me right on race day. I agree - i'm not keen on the in-game rolling start either. It doesn't give players/drivers much freedom and is very unforgiving when things go pete tong, I don't think i've ever been in a race in the public P2P lobbies where it's not been a disaster :D

Loving all the features on the site with regards to tracking stats and ranking, it's been really user friendly so far and I haven't had much difficulty finding all the info.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Good to have you onboard Dario. Hope your not supper fast lol.:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Rob. Did I pick a car yet?

18. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Hey thanks Sean! I hope i am so i can claim some glory at Algarve ;). Let's just hope i can at least stay within 107% of the top times cause i have no idea what anyone's pace is like here yet. I'll probably be on the SRO server later tonight practising if anyone wants to jump in and give me a target time to be aiming for, i'm assuming between 1:41.xxx and 1:45.xxx @Algarve based on my own pace but i could be way off the mark.

If we've to pick a car just now then i'm claiming the #2 Audi R8 LMS before anyone else does lol.

19. Rob Milliken

ALL DRIVERS In order for the stats tracking software to work we all need to use are real names (Or what ever name you are signed up to the event with must match your in game name) NO NICKNAMES!

This is very simple to do , you simply change your steam name , (not your steam account name) steam allows you to use as many aliases as you want for your games
    To change your pc2 in game name see THIS POST

• Like Like x 1
  20. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

Is it too late for me to join this seaso?
    I know I missed race#1, but I’ve read the rules and am ready to go as this time slot works perfect with my family’s schedule.

• Like Like x 1