SRO FKR GT3 Round 5 Hockenheimring GP Post race reports & screens !

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.10.20 - 14.09.29.96.jpg
    Have your say!

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Car needs a wash! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

Had a nice scrap with Dario to start the race. I got a better exit out of turn 1 and managed to pass him going into turn 2, but later on in the same lap he got me back and reclaimed his 3rd place spot. A lap or two later, I caught him on the straight going into turn 4, and managed to hold onto 3rd for 15 minutes or so, before I ended up putting the car into the wall thanks to me taking too much curb at turn 1. I limped to the pits, took new tires, some fuel, and full repairs before starting my comeback race. I was on pace for a 4th place finish, before Andrew and then James got disconnected. I got nervous as the server had kicked me during practice, but was stable for over an hour at this point, but sure enough my fears were confirmed as I got disconnected 40 minutes into the race. Despite this disappointing finish, I had some positives to build on as this was my first race with some new pedals... the inverted Fanatec Clubsport V3 are pretty great. The ergonomics of inverted pedals definitely took some getting used to, but fun to learn. Congrats to the podium finishers and James with another blistering qualifying and race pace... I need to learn his secrets!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

No doubt a fun race , shame about all the discos :confused: .. I had some intense moments & a few blunders , missed finishing the race by 1 lap of fuel & had to make a2nd stop on the final lap .,.:eek:o_O:rolleyes::D
    Big apologies to Roger for that punt at the start .. I had no idea what I was doing there or how I let that happen .. I remember I thought I got hit in the rear or something but looking at the replay I see it was just me solo not slowing enough Intime and plowing right into you o_O:( ..Not knowing that I actually punted you at the time I did not do the standard drive threw so as a result I now have a 10 place grid penalty & will start in the back for race 6 ..:cool::confused::eek::) so sorry Roger …
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.10.21 - 23.03.18.96.jpg

James building a nice gap early on …
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.10.21 - 23.30.12.88.jpg
    The battle for 4th early on, FKR team mate Xavier fighting to keep Dario from getting around ...
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.10.21 - 23.28.52.31.jpg

Coming to terms with the AMG ..:D
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.10.21 - 23.21.14.01.jpg

Thanks to all the drivers that stuck it out & sorry about the conx issues :( ..
    Next Round takes us to northern California @ Laguna Seca Mazda raceway !! tight & twisty just how we like it !! :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Well... not a thrilling race for me. Start was fine, and I knew passing Dario early laps was like a mirage. He easily managed to recover his position back, and the rest of the race I was losing time with drivers in front and slighty increasing the gap from Norman and Rob. Pit stop came and made a speeding mistake so got a 10 sec penalty. Fine as I was about t 18/20 secs away but then 10 min to go I hit the wall on T1 and my wheel was affected, something like 20 degrees to the left. Panic starting to show, as I was losing almost 2 secs by lap, but seemed Rob and Norman were still fighting so close and so unable to get their best times. Nice podium but only beacause there were discos in front. Not satisfied with my pace or even with the feeling of my car.
    Let's see whats we're gonna find in the rainy California next week!! :p:p

• Like Like x 2