Project Cars 2 SRO GT3 Championship Round 3 Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2017.12.13 - 01.53.15.19.jpg

Have your Say

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Great race guys ! we had to turn down the rain to avoid track flooding (like the real track) big puddles would make it un-derivable & irl stewards would red flag the race .
    We will have more wet races coming up & will be testing those as we go ..
    pc2 flood waters.jpg

In testing this is how the esses looked after 15 min of rain ,..it's completely under water through to the other side & un-drive-able in this state as at any speed you simply spin off into no mans land .. Now i don't call this a bug its actually realistic as the track eventually does drain as it does IRL ,but they would never let your race in such conditions so we decided to turn the effects down in this initial wet race for us here :D as it was we got to see a little bit of rain this time ..expect some thunder storms as we move deeper into the shake down of PC2 ! & also we will have a few night races & a simulated day night transition race with accelerated time ..:)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. Sven Euskirchen

Sven Euskirchen Pro Driver

Was a little surprised I took pole, thought more of you took the chance for a dry lap but I take it.
    Start was ok for me and it was an almost full first nice lap but then I braked too late for the second to last corner and did a little dive bomb and after that I was to agressive on the throttle so I crashed into somebody. Think I spoiled some races so nothing left to say but all my fault and sorry for that.

Nürburgring should work out better. Still nice to try some things in PC2. See you next time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Sad evening for me.
    Good quali with P2
    Perfect start, i took the lead for several laps
    But a few spins in the last hairpin (yes - the one with the little lake!) killed my ambitions to go for the podium.
    At least i was running out of fuel, one liter was missing. (at the test it was far enough)
    Thanks to John and Rob for the nice battles.
    CU @ Nürburgring

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Results are in for round 3
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2017.12.17 - 15.52.57.61.jpg

Things were pretty tight early on ..
    pc2 gt3 r 3 pic 1.jpg

JVDG Looking good in 2nd place in his Audi ...;-)
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2017.12.17 - 15.54.48.30.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I would like to know if Xavier was on slick tires. I thought the track would be proper wet, but only a few drops fell, but I understand Rob's arguments about it.
    I took the wet tires for the start. I'm actually surprised about the wet tires holding to the end with just enough grip. In the second half of the race I was a bit worried that the wets would become totally destroyed running so long on dry tarmac.

Anyway, gratulations to Xavier who held his first place quite well.
    Yeah, we had some good racing Gerhard :)

Rob, could you let us know how much % wet the Nurburgring will be and if it will be a all wet race or dry in between?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

100 % agree with John. I had the same thoughts!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

Yes somethings up , I myself was on wets and they lasted pretty good down to 30% but the track was wetter in testing with those same settings then in the race .. the slicks were impossible during the showers (tried them in testing) so I don't think X had slicks ..
    As far as the degree of wet for next time ,that all depends on the track & how testing goes .. I had some bad ass thunder storm action while testing Donington ..it flooded the track big time :D but even if used the regular "rain" not "storm" it still flooded those 2 spots so we had to go with light rain .and even that if left on the entire race would flood those 2 low spots to where we would be spinning out all the time .. On other tracks I have raced full blown storms and not had that happen .. so the elevations at Donington might be causing the floods .. I did read about how they coded the rain to gather as puddles in all the low spots .. The dev's are aware theirs some issues still with the wet !

• Like Like x 1