Project Cars 2 SRO GT3 Championship Round 5 @ SPA Race reports & Screens

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.18 - 12.21.37.65r.jpg
    Have your say !

2. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Cracking race, well done to John on the win.

Spent vast majority of my time looking at my own shadow as Xavier was right behind and his lights were causing my car shadow to appear in front, which I have never seen before in a game, nice touch!

Delighted to have hung on for second place in the end after an awful race last time out.

Thought the day / night transition worked very well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

once more impressive graphics, no frozen screens-perfect transition-flow.

grats podium, john once more outstanding!
    i missed the braking point 2 times when i underestimated the slipstream.
    sorry for that boys, i hope i didnt harm your race, both times i was waiting
    and gave back the position.
    this great series deserves more drivers!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sven Euskirchen

Sven Euskirchen Pro Driver

Not a good time for me personally yesterday. My times where nowhere. normally Í´m in the low 2:2Xts constantly. No Problem with that for example in Assetto Corsa. I was nowhere to be seen in Project Cars. I just don´t understand the game. Don´t know what it expects me to do with the set up. Feels different every lap, increasing understeer and no grip. In lap just like I want it to have, from second lap on I have understeer and total different car. I just don´t get why, makes no sense to me. And I tried a lot.

Thinking of waiting for the next update to come before spend my time again in PC2 as it is absolutely hilarious car behaviour and hilarious change in behaviour from one lap to another, it´s just frustrating like that.

5. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

Hi Sven,
    the setup is key, I usually find a setup that works for me on the time trail section and then adjust it to my driving style, although its key you het a setup post patch 3.0 after 29/11/2017 use this site
    http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard

The setup does change between one lap and the next as the tires wear, especially around a long circuit, stick with it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

Anyway for me I thought I would be off the pace, Spa is never a circuit I go well at I never have, not sure why really, so I was expecting to be a second of the pace at least based on the TT times. Really happy when I got pole, the race was fairly uneventful apart from chasing fastest laps early on and spinning and then a lack of concentration twice and missing my braking points, grats Nick and Xavier on the podium it looked a really good battle, shame for Stefan that he span I think as he looked fast.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

Thanks Gerhard, yes agree would love more drivers as well, hopefully it will happen next time. I have advertised the series over at PC2RG, I am hoping some of those drivers head over here as we have 20 GT3 drivers for that series. Fingers crossed :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sven Euskirchen

Sven Euskirchen Pro Driver

hey John, of course tire wears, it does also in Assetto. As I said I´m able to do constant laps in Assetto, much faster than yesterday in PC2. It wasn´t possible for me at all yesterday as lap times were dropping several seconds from in lap to first timed lap. Tyres can´t wear that much in one lap, do they? main difference ist the tyre temperature. With cold tyres the car behaves like I want it and I would expect it. Good cornering. Next lap understeering everywhere.

I´m not new to Sim Racing, participated for several years in Assetto League and I know what to adjust to change car behaviour. I understand that my set up was tire killer yesterday. And that´s just it, what I meant. I don´t understand what PC2 wants me to do in Set up. I have the same problem for example at the Nürburgring GP track. Not that long as Spa and still good behaviour to absolutely understeery from one to another lap. Doesn´t matter which car. It´s just strange.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

Ok yes I see cold tires are a struggle usually for me as I setup in TT with warm tires, I think I ended up loading the front springs to max and reducing the ride height at the front, it was a little oversteer then, and gradually changed to understeer after a good few laps....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Really a good one. Surprised to be 2nd in pole, lost 2 places in the early laps. Had an amaizing fight with Nick almost 30 minutes, but I was lacking some top speed. Nick was faster at eau rouge but managed to get really close at Stavelot. Had few chances to pass him at Blanchimont but the movement was too risky, no need to ruin both races there. I was specting a little mistake on the heavy braking zones, but Nick was really really solid. Remind me some good old times there in R2p!

On my side no problem at all with tyres, last laps were my fast ones, I felt faster noticing less weight due to fuel comsumption.

Great combo again Rob, next step, rainy nights... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Yeah real good battle I was also waiting for the mistake haha.

Rainy nights...... would be good!

12. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Careful what you wish for ...... :D