Project Cars 2 SRO Max Coates Touring Car Round 4 Donington Park National

Discussion in 'Max Coates Touring Car Euro Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, May 20, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.05.20 - 19.05.00.05k.jpg

Welcome to Round 4 !Donington National

Race reminders:
    The format is pretty simple: 2 X 20 minute sprint races !
    Will will have a quick 5 minute practice session after race 1 to get ready for Q 2 ..

We are going full real / 100% damage / mechanical failures / pits stop errors / manual pit control ... so no whining when you blow your motor from over revin' it ! :D..

Three Minute Cut Off: pc2's multiplayer lobby's use a 3 minute cut off system where the server will be locked for the last 3 minutes of any session ! So if you for what ever reason loose connection with less than 3 minutes in Q you will not get back in for the race :confused: If its the end of the practice session you will be able to re enter the server once the session changes & Quall starts ..You will see 'WAITING' until the session changes ..

Official practice server is scheduled to be up by 19:00 on race day however It is not uncommon to see it up earlier ;).

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

Hello, looking forward to it! Just one question please, will cut track penalties be disabled as in the previous race?
    I raced in this track layout a few days ago and I was seeing some incredible lap times during qualifying...until I realized cut track penalties were off and people were completely cutting the chicane before the start/finish line!

3. Rob Milliken

HI , yes this is a touchy subject ..on one hand yes drivers with less integrity will always be looking for a way to get an advantage ..but those pc2 track penalties are SO BAD ..I hate to use them .. In league racing we have stewards review after the races and had out penalties as necessary .. I'm not 100% on not using them But in almost every race we have had them on its caused some kind of wreck when drivers try to slow down, involving innocent drivers , so the debate will go on forever lol

Just remember these are not public races & all the drivers here are expected to know all the SRO Rules and one of those rules is 2 wheels on track at all times .

so to answer your question my first thought is Hell no ..but I also don't want to be handing out penalties after the race either ...lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

If the penalty system actually works correctly then it would be better turned on. If this is going to be a concern I will fully review the replays before the results are confirmed. I know which corners can be cut to gain an advantage.

At the minute the reason why you get a penalty when touching any part of the grassy parts is to stop people cutting corners to get a faster lap on the following lap, which is also the reason you get a time removal for the current and next lap while practicing.

5. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Good luck for the Race. I have to miss that one, but will be back next time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

Thank you guys for your replies! I agree with you, the way the enforcement of penalties is implemented currently in PC2, giving multiple seconds for going just a few cm/inches wide is very bad. On the other hand, the previous race was my first one with you guys (btw, nice to be here!) and took me some time to realize that I should be straightening a bit the chicanes and going a little wide in corners, otherwise I was being passed like a sitting duck. Any pointers on how much cutting and widening is considered acceptable?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

As always: Two Wheels on the Track. Track Limit = white lines.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

OK, of course I do agree with that!

9. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

I hope they update the custom skin feature to more then one car per model as I've been working on a design for the Astra........ 20180521195656_1.jpg 20180521195727_1.jpg 20180521195753_1.jpg

Would be nice for all of us to have our own designs.

if anyone wants the above design......

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

Guys, apparently the track limits penalty system has been sanitized a bit in patch 6, a slowdown is not enforced anymore for brief off track moments, or at least the time needed to slow down to get rid of the message is more reasonable now. I think it's worth further looking into it to decide if it should be used in next races or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Here is the announcement list :
    1. Fixed occasional stability issues.
      Improved usability of in-game tools.
      Improved AI ability at various tracks.
      Improved the penalty system.
      Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
      Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
      Improved track-limit zones.
      Other miscellaneous fixes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

I did a few online races last night, and I did notice the differences. It's still far from perfect, but no more slowing down for insane amounts of time for small going wide moments. Sometimes there was even no slowdown message at all, or there was one that would go away with a small lift off. More testing is of course needed to decide if the new system is good enough now, but it is certainly a step in the right direction in my opinion.