SRO pc2 Formula Renault 3.5 Winter Series race reports & screens

Discussion in 'Formula Renault 3.5 Winter Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.01 - 12.08.27.14.jpg
    Have your say !

• Like Like x 3
  2. John Mentakis

John Mentakis Pro Driver

Great race guys thank you very much. I enjoyed it a lot. Cheers!! PS. If i caused any problems to anyone (didn't noticed anything), im sorry.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well what an event. Started practice did a few laps came back in to change setup went to go back on track when all of a sudden nothing worked on the wheel so I checked the controller settings everything worked so I tried to go back on track and again nothing worked on the wheel. Ended up exiting the game then going back in and re-calibrated the wheel got back in pracitce and it worked this time. BUT! I realised something in qualifying 2, when you click ready to leave the pit lane if the pit guy has his hand up you can not control the car and I remembered that he had his hand up in practice and thats why I had no control.

Race 1 - I had no idea where that pole lap came from I just managed to figure out where the car hits the limit on cornering. Made a slow start only to panic spin when looking at my rear mirrors I saw a car close in so I ran wide and spun at the next corner. Had to chase the pack and closing in on Ed Jones I somehow clip the back of his car, didn't think I had done but watching the replay I did get close so I must of done. Apology's for that Ed, my fault. For some strange reason the slight tap on the back of another car gave me a 100% front wing damage but the front wing was still fine and the engine was actually damaged as I couldn't get upto speed. Had to pit to fix the damage then had to settle for any place I could get so finished 7th.

Race 2 - Pole again (these cars are fun but an handfull) Slow start again but I didn't spin on lap 1 this time, instead it was lap 2 when overtaking into turn 1 yet again! I hate that corner. Rejoined and had some great fights back up to 2nd place, some was making me work for it :p

20180105220730_1.jpg This was the contact that wrecked my car, must be made of paper!
    20180105221003_1.jpg
    Oddly the engine or supposed front wing damage made me do this! Is it a bird, is it a plane.............

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

great event mates, but maybe we could reduce the damage. as kenny says, they must be made of paper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

Was I disqualified in the second race?:( I thought I was in fourth place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kenny Press

We'll check the result log and correct it.

If you leave after the race but before the session has finished the game removes you from the end result. We screenshot the results. Luckily the game stores all results in a nice and easy to find place :confused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Good suggestion & I'm glad you asked ,Here is how the damage works with pc2 you basically have 4 choices , "performance impacting" is what we believe the best choice for league play & this series ..
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.06 - 17.20.23.28.jpg
    This is what was used ..
    It might be the cars are a bit to sensitive but its what we have .. & same for all & these cars are not that tuff IRL ,slight damage to the aro and your toast ..Watching the replay I saw I hit the curb to hard & that's how I had damage to front wing & never touched anyone ..lol

8. Rob Milliken

Great fun guys ! My race was very intense ,I never came to grips with the car & was fighting it the whole time .. Seemed like I was on the verge of vicious snap over steer in every apex & was tip toeing around trying to keep it on the black stuff !! None the less it was very enjoyable even tho I was never able to push the car I still had allot of fun !

a few screens ..
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.06 - 02.05.07.42.jpg Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.06 - 01.44.29.15.jpg
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.06 - 01.48.09.16.jpg

9. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

Thank you Kenny for your work and help.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kenny Press

Race 1 @ Monza highlights

If anyone wants anything included or you see something on track thats not in the SROtv video highlights then let us know and that includes future events.

Race 2 on the way ;)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Kenny Press

Race 2 highlights

• Like Like x 4