SRO pC2 Formula Renault Winter Series Round 2 @ Barcelona Post race reports & screens

Discussion in 'Formula Renault 3.5 Winter Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.01.10 - 23.51.23.76.jpg
    Have your say !

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

i will keep silent

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Yes there were some issues ... :cool:
    For one I'm truly sorry that we lost a player due to disco & him not being able to return for race 2 ,this is an issue/feature added with the last patch & there is nothiong any admin can do as there are no restarts in pc2 :confused: from the patch notes >
    1. For players joining an active qualifying or practice session, there is now a 3-minute cut-off as the session approaches completion, after which it will no longer be possible to join the session.
    This is what happend , he discoed with 2 min left & thefore was unable to rejoin:mad: We need to be able to turn this off some how for league play ..

Had a blast racing these cars at Barcelona ! what a nice version of this epic track !
    & remember pc2 is new and all these first run series are basically shake down series to iron things out !
    Big thanks to all who participated and hope you continue to participate so we can keep pc2 going here at SRO !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

The disco was bad luck, the 2 min border is in the game, also Michael has accepted.
    But why cant we cool down in the first seconds after the start. We know that these cars are very fragile,
    but in lap 2 60% of the drivers are in the pits. No one can win the race in lap one. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Good Points Gerhard ! In Open Wheel racing its especially important to avoid contact at all cost ,well this is true in all racing ,you can do a little door banging in cars like the SEAT LEON tin tops & such but when your in the open wheel cars one slight touch can destroy the car ! :D All drivers should make it priority one to avoid contact at all costs ,this includes thinking twice before making a move that might be a bit risky ! ;) Remember the car is at its worst at the start ,cold breaks ,cold tires ... why drivers take risks on lap one baffles me sometimes :p
    Maybe we should try the rolling start for round 3 ?
    I have done it a few times & it does work , its kind of like rf1&2 NASCAR mod only you come in already rolling .. You need to stay at the proper speed & position or you get penalized .. You have control for one lap around then the light tree does its thing as you approach the start/finish and your off ... might be a bit safer but we need to test it and be sure everyone has had a go with it so they are not supersized by it ! lol
    Just an Idea to help clean up the first few laps ...:)

6. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race 1 full race, this time I tried to keep the camera on the battling going on.

Apologies to the "black screen" clips, after 3 attempts of rendering the video (2 hours at a time) I gave up. Also there should be music at the start which for me is missing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race 2 full race

Ignore the 4th grid image, somehow I managed to get the wrong picture!