Project Cars 2 SRO PC2 GT3 Championship Round 3 Donington 17|12|2017 20:00 GMT

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2017.12.13 - 01.41.20.69.jpg
    Register HERE

This race will be in the wet ! make sure you understand how to use the ICM to edit your pit stops encase you need to change tires
    ICM: In car management system :
    [​IMG]

You will want to map & learn this system ..
    For G-25/27 users it's already mapped to the shiftier 4 way Hat button ,1 click UP opens it then you use the hat to navigate to what you want , its great if you need to adjust your pre made pit stop strategy . you can change it to tires only or splash & dash , it's tricky because you also need to keep driving ! but the ICM makes it easy to get where you need to go ,(rf2 user's are used to this ;-)

2. Rob Milliken

Drivers , make sure you delete any old sets from before the 3.0 patch ,they are useless as they made some psyx changes to all the GT3's best to delete them all ,if you edit them it will still cause strange car behavior ... Start from scratch (recommended by the dev's)

3. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

I am away so sorry cant make it, do we do Provo's?

4. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Yep I am out as well due to winning more golf things, got a prize giving to go to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

That's Ok i know you guys are just afraid of a little rain :D

6. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

I play golf...in England....this is not an issue :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

Nope gutted I am missing it

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

True JB.

Really want to mix the weather up more to use these titles. Why I have left iracing until they do actual.weather.

I still remember to this day having an unbelievable experience round the old hockenheim on Geoff Crammonds GP2 with a wet dry wet dry race as well as GTR2 weather working well in an endurance series.

More of it I say!

Just not Sunday lol

9. Rob Milliken

Not to worry, We have a few more in the wet lads ! :D

10. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

Yeah Nick, yeah great title that, remember trying to decide when to change tires it was great fun. I love wet conditions. Anyway we have a few more of them in the GT3 series later in the series :)

11. Rob Milliken

I think we are in for a treat as far as what pc2 offers for wet racing ! the testing has gone good , thx John for the flooded puddle info , that will dictate how this session will go .

The race will have 4 weather sectors divided over the 45m session ..

To keep the track from flooding the forecast for race day is as follows :

Race: 'Light rain' / 'rain'/ 'light rain'/ 'light clouds' .

Qual: will be in 'light rain' ..

1 hr P1: wil have a mix of 'light rain' and 'rain' ...

For those who want to practice these are the race day settings .. also 11:00 race start time (the sun & rain at that time are pretty cool ;-)

12. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

@Rob
    PFFFF - i would like to participate.
    But i have no idea how to manage the tires and no time to try out all scenarios.
    Is it possible to start with wets and finish it without a single pitstop?
    Sorry i am a little desparate. (But not desperate enough to play golf, i am still having sex :)!!!)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Which still leaves you 23 hours and 56 minutes to play golf:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Rob Milliken

LOL .. Yes Gerhard you can start on the wets ( and it will be a wet start ) Im pretty sure the tires will last , the end it will start to dry but the track will still be wet ..
    what type of wheel do you have ? I ask because on G27 the ICM is already mapped to the sifters hat switch I use the ICM to make changes to my pit strategy .
    Pre set pit strategy: , You will see this on the main in game page once your on the server (or in single player) click to open Pit strategy then create a new one ,set to change tires only (or what ever you want ), save it ,give it a name , now you can select it as the default for that race so when you pull into the pits (turn rev limiter on;-) you will see your pre made selections and have an opportunity to select a different one if you like , what ever is selected will be done by the pit crew .. The ICM once opened allows you to edit your stop to make any changes you want to your pre selected strategy on the fly (kind of like how rf1 & 2 have the pit menu) .. If you don't already have it mapped I suggest you go to controllers and find the ICM menu and map it as well as it's up/down select commands (again default to the 4 way hat switch on G27) .. You can still simply use a pre built Pit strategy without the ICM but in my opinion the ICM is the way to go as you can change things on the fly (and not just pit strategy you also have all the TC & ABS settings in there to change on the fly & more ! ..;-)

Remember this is a shake down series to put PC2 threw the test of league play ..expect things to go wrong ..& enjoy the superb job SMS has done with weather in this game ! This is all about having some good fun so pleas don't hesitate to join ! were all new to it ..:)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  15. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

THANKS A LOT ROB ---- I WILL TRY MY BEST

16. Rob Milliken

I will have a practice server up in 3 Min !! look for - //\\SimRacingOnline//\\

Servers up !

17. Rob Milliken

Im sitting on the server to keep it up ! ( pc2 needs a player on the server or it reverts back to default car& track)
    So if i don’t reply to any txt its caz im AFK :)

Its 2H:30m P session ..

18. Sven Euskirchen

Sven Euskirchen Pro Driver

Hi Guys,

is the server still up? Can´t find it.

19. Sven Euskirchen

Sven Euskirchen Pro Driver

Ok found it

20. Rob Milliken

Hi , that was yesterdays practice server ...its there but not yet set for today's events !
    It will be up shortly !