SRO Pc2 server

Discussion in 'Project Cars 2' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO-PCars2-Banner2.gif PC2 Pic 1.jpg
    The SRO pCars 2 server is now live !
    The way SMS manages its multi-play server capabilities is a bit different than most other sims that said the way to use the server in its current state is something we all need to understand to get the best out of it ! You as members can use this server anytime and in most cases the server will have an admin on it and everything will be set up properly ,however there might be a time where your the only one around & want to practice or what ever so here is a simple explanation of how the pCars 2 server works as of this post ..

First, it works like a pier to pier server so if you join it when its empty you will be the new HOST ! "first player to join becomes host"
    Default server set up : (it defaults to brands with all cars , 3 lap race , no other sessions*) When entering the server as host you will need to set up the session .. to do this you use the 3 headder box's on the left from top to bottom > TRACK > RACE ->SELECT CAR - in each box you will see the edit icon as well as arrows to navigate with .
    Here is the breakdown : TRACK menu (top pannel/headdr box) from here you 1.select the track then use the arrows to <> go threw / realism settings (turn on manual pit here) & the rules ..

RACE Tab : click in this box to set up the race details then use the arrows <> to move to the sessions details -Practice & Quall - by default there are no sessions set up !!! *this has a negative effect on being able to enter the game !!! without at least a q session you will not be able to enter the game ... you will see the "WAITING FOR PLAYERS" icon and no join button this will stay in this "waiting" stage until another players joins ..It does this because there are no other session to join* .... it only has the race session and the game wont start a race until 2 or more players join .. So set up at least a Q session !!

CAR SELECT: This part of the server/ded is all messed up but in here when you enter as host you decide the cars /class that will be available to the other players . example would be "select by class" at the top & then select GT3 - then make your car selection and join the session .. the other players now should only be able to select from GT3 class but its buggy and does not always work properly so as a client joining the server that already has players on it you might have ALL the cars to choose from or you might only be able to drive the hosts car ! (this is the buggy part of the ded ) so navigate to the proper class/car for that session .. I have the API working and with a bug fix or 2 we will be able to control the car class from the back end ! For now we just have to deal with it as it is !

The server is up !
    name: SimRacingOnline

Thanks & enjoy

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

What planet are these Sim Developers on to create something like this??
    It must be an EGO thing i.e. I can make mine more complicated than yours!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

4. Rob Milliken

Well they clearly make the statement that they are all 'Slightly Mad' :D lol

I have managed to get a track to stick from the back end API & some of the rules but not all & everything can still be set by first player 'host' who can change it to what they need/want.. once they fix the bugs we wont have to jump threw the hoops like this ..but for now its only 3-4 weeks old & the game has been patched 2 times the ded once ..

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I don't see this as "bugs" Rob, just extremely poor, unnecessary complication in it's design, but it's what we are used to with SMS after all.

6. Rob Milliken

Actually Ken it is bugs that make it a PITA right now .. We have a great API with pC2 that works just like any other ded back end where you pick everything and can lock down the server for your event ..but its got a few bugs that keep us from using it right now so we are doing the pier to pier thing in the meantime ..
    Once they get a few patches in with the other major game bugs they will revisit the DED and dial it in .. MP only effects a small portion of the pC2 user base so its only right that they first get the game bugs ironed out across the board before they deal with the DED side :)

7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

All clear on setting the server up Rob. But it still has a password setting. Is that intended? We won't get any drivers in like that LOL!

8. Rob Milliken

That's just how they delivered the server , we can change the server name and add or remove passwords .. Im fine with no PW to get things rolling .. I had it off the other night when testing to be sure everything works & it fills up pretty quick once 2 or 3 show up !

I would like to come up with a good server name <SRO League Server No BS Full Real > lol seriously tho having the website addy as the name makes it hard to post's because it always turns into a link ! lol I mean thats ok it will just send anyone who clicks it here ..but .. idk ..lol

Also try and rank up ! im a D1400 if we open the server up with no PW we can put a min rank so we don' get total wreckers ..but we can only set it as hi as are lowest member ! lol so Rank Up !!

If Nigel wants I will remove the PW before I head out on my trip ..that way anyone can join & you guys can recruit ! & tell our new members to feel free to use it !

9. John vd Geest

Check. How does the ranking system work? What is low (wreckers paradise) and at what rank does a site begin to be save?

BTW when are leaving and comming back if I may ask?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

(wreckers paradise) ahahah

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

You can remove the pw but keep server name we want our name to show in the list :) or a name that people we recognise is us :)

12. Rob Milliken

The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
    This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.

so you start with U1500

more info >https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html?lang=en

I might just grop the 'www.' & the 'co.uk' part

John I leave Oct 17th come back Oct 25th

13. Rob Milliken

Ok the PW is OFF & server name = SimRacingOnline

14. John vd Geest

Cool, thank you and have a good time buddy.

15. Rob Milliken

Last night I was doing some MP pC2 GT3 racing & wanted to share how the game looks for me in 4k ! its recorded from the race replay -unedited , you can see me having to use the menu screen to change views ,.It also recorded what i was listening to in the headphones ! lol so that's one of Saturday nights jam's .. It was unintentional but i left it anyway lol

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Have a nice holiday Rob

17. John vd Geest

Cool editing. I didn't know you can work the camera's like that. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

A9688A9E-EED0-48B3-A5E0-C1CE56882C4E.jpeg My so cal ride is a joy to drive .. i cant deside if the ffb is right tho :D
    E5C0D631-21E8-411C-BF22-121AA474881C.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. John vd Geest

LOL I was first thinking ... "is that a screenshot from Project cars 2 ?"
    Looking good bro ! Enjoy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Specs?? Hahahaha