Project Cars 2 SRO pCARS 2 GT3 Club Opener

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 gt3 banor 3.jpg
    Round 1 Sunday November 19th at Brands Hatch!
    Official
    Practice : 17:00 GMT
    Qual: 20:00 GMT (10 min)
    Race: 20:15 - 45 min

Server settings :
    these are the realism settings:
    [​IMG]

Rules:
    [​IMG]
    I have turned track limit penalties off for this track as they are far to limiting ,in league racing the time you loose having an off is enough ..we don't need to have 5-10-15 second time penalties for barely nipping the apex so they are off !
    Speeding in the pits and crossing the exit line to soon coming out will be penalized !

Rev Limiter: make sure you map this one ! By default the limiter is OFF , for those of us used to rf2 this will throw you off so make sure to turn it ON before you leave your box !..you will loose grid positions from speeding in the pits in P and Q

Saving setup's : Right now there is a bug in the setup save feature and The work around is to "create new set up* " every time .. the "overwrite current set" is bugged & only works part of the time . Also after you hit "SAVE" you need to hit the "CONTINUE" button twice yes 2 clicks ! wait ...now another "CONTINUE" button will follow on the "confirm save" pop up ... DO this and you wont have any drama ..

Making sure your set is loaded before the race : Another issue we sometimes see in pC2 is the set reverting to default in between sessions . the fix is to simply click on the garage set up tab , you don't need to 'enter the garage' simply click the tab.. watch it think for a sec... then you will see it load your set ! Now your good to go .. always check between Q and Race !

The READY Tab/button:
    This is pc2's way of letting drivers sort them selves and there sets after the Q session .. Its a 2 min wait session during witch you can adjust your set (save it to a new one*) take a leek .what ever you need to do ... once your all set you then tick the READY button/tab & you will see a thumbs up next to your name showing your ready! .. if you fail to click the ready tab before the 2 minutes are up your out of the race ! This is a one way ticket ! once you click ready you can not go back
    (!!!!! Check your set BEFORE you hit the READY button !!! ) ..
    ICM: In car management system :
    [​IMG]

You will want to map & learn this system ..
    For G-25/27 users it's already mapped to the shifter 4 way Hat button ,1 click UP opens it then you use the hat to navigate to what you want , its great if you need to adjust your pre made pit stop strategy . you can change it to tires only or splash & dash , it's tricky because you also need to keep driving ! but the hat makes it easy to get where you need to go ,(rf2 user's are used to this ;-)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. Rob Milliken

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi everyone.

Looks good. I'm doing a race during the first round but I'll see about signing up for the others :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Great Andrew ! club racing is always open to join no matter the round !

5. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Hi all!!!
    Just registered, although I think I can barely do 50 % of the races. This time slot is no friendly at all, 3 kids to send to bed and a wife complaining... I'll ask Santa for series qualy starting at 21.00 GMT... :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Hi Xavier ! Thx for signing up ! we can have a look at future time slots ! (21:00) works fine for me ..

7. Rob Milliken

8. Rob Milliken

First post edited with pertinent pC2 Info from the other pC2 championship thread ;-)

9. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Questions:
    Weather. I assume no rain at start. Later on is fixed or random? How many "weather-stages"?
    Pit stops. I assume manual. But...mandatory?
    Couldn't find anywhere else. ;)
    __
    About setups... Is it me or do I have to SAVE IT BEFORE trying it?? I see no sense on that, should be the opposite...
    _

Thx !!

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Only the races on the scedule that indicate WET will have rain. And YES, you do have to save the setup before trying. Just give it a number like BMW01 ect. Thats how it works in PC2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

So the old problem of only being able to save 1 setup is now fixed in PC2 John?

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

If you do it like Rob said on top.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

Rob, wouldn't it be a good idea to make it mandatory to use your real name in the PC2 races?
    People must change their username in Steam if they want to race.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

Yes it is ..we were just a bunch of slackers ..:D
    steam name change.jpg

15. Rob Milliken

Hi Xavier ,
    we will have 4 weather slots so Yes it will come at some point in the race if the race say WET .. we won't use the 'random' because sometimes its an ICE storm lol

Pit stops are open ..45 min race no mandatory pit stops !..

Right now there is a bug with saving pc2 sets, the work around is to 'save to new' another fact with the sets in this build is >once you load your set even if you esc & start your practice/Q stint over again it will keep the values or state of the car when you exited ..meaning if you did like 10 laps and have 5% tire ware then ecs when you go back to drive your car will be in the same state = 10 laps of fuel gone and 5%tire ware .. to re set the cars fuel & tires you need to tic/click the "SET UP" tab ..you DON'T Need to enter the set up menu! When you Tic the set up tab you will see the screen change to the load set page and up top you will see your set get loaded again .. then the car is in the fresh fuel/tires state again ..

THIS IS IMPORTANT WHEN GOING FROM Q TO RACE!! after the Q session we get the READY screen with 2:00 count down DO NOT HIT READY UNTILL YOU AGAIN LOAD YOUR SET ! (by simply ticking the SET UP tab) you can see it load ..it changes from a [?] to your set name ..now your ready to race ...

& don't try to make sense of it ..lol remember its a bit buggy right now ! but if you follow thoes simple rules you will be fine .. also practice using the ICM ..for race's with rain you can use the ICM to quickly edit or change your pit stops to dive to the pits for "wet's only no fuel" etcc... check first post

16. Rob Milliken

Guys Im testing the server with the new results file edits ! the server will be up for a quick test no pw (i need bodies) just a quick 5 laps race with 10 mi Q 10 min P ..

server name = SimRacingOnline

SERVER TEST OVER ...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  17. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

No race points? Is that correct in the info?

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. John Bayes

John Bayes Pro Driver

What car are we using Nick, can we change per race, do we have to have the same as teammate etc?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Sure it will be whatever car we want, no need to use the same car as me specifically unless we are going to share setups (ie you give me yours:))

May do some practice later tonight and see what agrees with me, after the V8 race I shall be ditching Crewchief during the race in case it crashes again, only had it happen once though so might have been a one off we shall see.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rob Milliken

We are about to make this a points championship !
    The SRO pC2 GT3 Club Championship (with points) final test have been done with the customized sms_stats_data.json file & looks like we are a GO for points !
    still waiting for the big boss to approve it ...:D