Assetto Corsa Comp SRO Sprints Series 3 Round 1 Paul Ricard

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Sprint Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

acc pr.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

What an absolutely epic race that was! One of the best in my sim-racing life. Right down to the last lap and last corner where I had to defend hard to keep my 4th position against team mate Jeffrey Ruskus...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Fun race. Had a lot of good fights. Didn't expect the Porsche to do so well due to the amount of wing I needed to keep the car stable through the fast corners.
    On the long straight the topspeed only got to 274 km/h without slipstream, but I only got overtaken once like that. Had a pretty good exit coming on to the straight.
    Had a bit of a problem seeing the left corner apex's because of the FOV in the cockpit. The sight is blocked by the doorpost. Specially difficult in the technical third section.
    Almost had P10 fighting with my buddy Roberto Bali. But he found some extra speed in the last few laps to keep me behind.

Good fun, great series, great game. See you all next time.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Rob Milliken

Great turn out today guys ! And some epic driving ! I want to thank everyone for there sportsmanship and respect for the sport ! I'm sure there were some issues but everyone seemed to keep it under control & I have not seen any protests yet :oops::eek::rolleyes: remember how you handle adversity defines you ! ;)
    Congrats to Andrew on the win !
    GT3 Podium !
    1. Andrew Williams
    2. Max Veloce
    3. Carl Middleton
    After the pitstops Andrew went on a mission !
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 00.58.37.28.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 01.04.09.80.jpg
    Drag race for the lead …...
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 01.01.30.96.jpg

Once he got out front Andrew never looked back !
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 01.05.35.67.jpg
    Meanwhile the battle for the last spot on the podium
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 01.07.36.23.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I was surprised at the pace of the Aston Martin V8.. I was pretty sure my lap times were better when I tried some cars earlier in the week. But when I saw I qualified in front of Henri as the fastest Aston Martin V8 I thought it was normal..

I just went with default setup, no wing adjustments or anything. Lost some places on lap 1. Straight line speed was really bad too. After a few laps I had a small contact with John. I went for an inside line and John seemed to turn in real soon, we had slight contact and I spun. I don't have a replay to check the incident. Lost some places because of it. Other than that the car in front of me was battling with a lapped car for 2 laps.. lost a lot of time there. I was battling with Bruno for most of the last part of the race. I saw him run wide quite a few times and noticed the yellow marker next to his name, that means he has a drive-through, right ? I found it a bit silly to block me when you have a drive-through, in the end he did not do the drive-through.. how does that work ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

The max replay lenght is only 1 hour 15 minutes :confused:

7. John vd Geest

Was fun to watch all the custom skins a lot of guys made. There were some really cool one's. Great job guys :)

8. Rob Milliken

yes that sux ..the way to do it for longer races is to map a button for the recording and split the recordings up by .. I forget exactly how o_O:D.. but this is a work around ..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Well, I could be annoyed but overall I'm quite pleased to get 2nd in my first proper ACC league race. Annoyed because I totally butchered the pitstop and went from p1 > p3 :mad:, but I managed to regain 1 position on the track after. It wasn't possible to get the lead back though, too many backmarkers to negotiate and then the speed differential wasn't enough to close the gap back up.

Sorry if the start was a bit wonky, as I said first proper ACC league race and I wasn't sure what to expect with the green light, I was watching the start lights and they stayed red even as I went under them at the start line which made me nervous and jumped a bit, realised the error and braked and then it said green flag, DOH!

Thanks for the race guys, now I'm off to Spain to do some pitstop practice :p

Quick Question regarding replays, as soon as I entered the pitlane at the end of the race it teleported me to the pitbox and a new session was started, which made it impossible to save any replay. Is it possible to have some "wait time" set on the server so there is 5 minutes or so after the race where you get a chance to do that (like in AC), or is this another of the "special" things about ACC?

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

You can scroll through the replay options on top in Gallary. There is also an option that holds auto saved replays. That's were I got mine, even with the event restart. They were both there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

My first "real" race in ACC. I found out that I have a lot to learn. For the moment am using the default setings . Still had a lot of fun, great sim. Congratulations to the podium.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Interesting, I looked in there though after the race and it was empty so I guess I need to change something to make it autosave them.

13. John vd Geest

Could be, maybe you have to activate it.

14. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

first proper ACC race for me too. Didn't seem to have any good pace and was a constant sitting duck on the long straight. I had used the aggressive preset setup and even dropped the wing to 0-2 to help on the straight but others caught and passed me no problem :( In my previous practise with same setup i was a full second faster per lap :confused:But to be honest I was relieved to just avoid incidents and not fluff my pitstop etc for my first race, as it was all a learning curve and still not sussed it fully nor delved into setup options properly. I was using a rift S and got a lot of stutters at certain parts of the race (guess when people were having incidents), it got so bad at some parts of the circuit that I could barely pick an apex out but was totally sporadic. So I might try using my triples instead for the next event and save my eyesight. Seemed a clean decent race for the most part, I got as high as 7th at the pitstop with 35mins remaining but when I rejoined I had dropped back down to 19th !...what the heck?!:eek: I used the fuel app and it gave me 35L too much fuel :rolleyes: so I ran too heavy for the last half hour and ruined any chance of re-catching those who had jumped me in the pits. I re-gained a few and finished 16th.
    What I don't understand is how you can possibly alter your pitstop for say a change in weather or fuel etc as my garage was only two in from the pit entrance and that gives you no time at all to scroll down the pit option selector and then it doesn't let you change it once in your pitbox :confused: any clues?
    Well done to the front 5 guys.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It was a nice race. Had some good fight with Nigel, Rob, Ed and some others. Sorry, I didn't watch the (last 30 minutes of) replay, yet.
    Can someone post here the first 30 minutes of race or full reply?
    Thank you very much, in advance.

16. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

You can alter it on the fly using the MFD in car while driving. Also maybe make a wet and a dry preset before the race so then you just need to select the pit option you want...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Haha, thanks for writing down the experience for me :p It applies so well to my race it's funny. I went with aggressive preset with no adjustments. I think I did high 1'55's when practicing and also lost a second now. Maybe due to weather conditions and tire pressure. It was clouded when I tested. Also, not sure about this but there is also a difference in the 2018 and 2019 track versions on grip level for some tracks, not sure about this one. I had no clue the Aston was slow on the straight. Clearly makes up it's time in the twisty sections where I felt being held up a lot. I had way too much fuel as well, not sure how many but according to crew chief it was way too much, started on a full tank as well.

And also using the Rift-S. I had a few drops (stutter like you said) but overall it wasn't too bad for me. At least not as bad as it sounds for you. The quality in VR in ACC is still bugging me, the bluriness. Especially on this track it is bad for some corners which you only see when getting quite close.. Very annoying. I have a 1070 Ti and am running on Epic settings with a few tweaks. There is a thread on Racedepartment about ACC in VR with config files etc.. I'm not up-to-date on that yet but I will try it someday, hope it gets less blurry at least.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Flaviu Bozga

Or maybe someone don't know who kick him in back in T3 lap 1. Without a "Sorry m8' after the race

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rob Milliken

in the settings look for 'Auto save" and also max replay length ..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Flaviu Bozga

For game saving replay after the race you must set Option / General / Auto save replay = Enabled

• Like Like x 2