rFactor 2 Struggling with setup

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Andre Depit, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

Cuttently struggling with my setup on the Paul Ricard circuit in my BMW GTE. Now has anyone got a good setup they can share or a place to have a look at different setups for different tracks as I am learning all this. I enjoy this game and just want to do as well as I can. Currently with my little tweeks I get down to a 1:50.102 but I know I could get a bit more. Also as I am new is there a place you would advise to go to learn the tracks ie braking points etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Andre

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Andre there are many sites to be found with setup advice and setups which you could try. But one of the problems is they could be for earlier versions of rF2 which used a different tyre model and/or the car mod could have been updated, making the setup undependable. Now that you've asked I'm sure that many of our members who drive this mod class will come forward with suggestions and advice, but the value of that depends on what problems you feel you are having with the car i.e. does it understeer/oversteer everywhere or only in slow/fast turns; are the brakes locking at certain corners; do you have traction problems on corner exit etc, etc. The list is a mile long but if you search the web for guides to simracing setup, you will find lots of useful information from many respected sim drivers which should help point you into where to start and then how to progress.

One of the best tools available to guide you in this, is the Setup Developer Tool 2018 available on STEAM. It can be used for all racing sims as it is based on how the car feels and what it's doing from your own personal perspective.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

as ken said really that set up tool is great as you set the car for what you feel, every set up vary from driver to driver too, what works for one may not feel great for anougher,
    make tack on it is i try to learn the track first and master the corner and braking points then i start with little tweaks, also with setting up try one thing at a time then test to see if it feels better then adjust more, then if it feel worse you know what you have done to make it feel worse, when server goes up for this race ill spend some time on team speak and guide you as best i can

• Like Like x 3
  4. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

Thank you

5. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

thank you will look into this.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

Just a quick update to say with a bit of tweaking finally got under 1:50 and posted a 1:49.904. Now going to go back to the drawing board and try a couple of things first then go from there. I have slowly learnt that there is no easy fix for this and really I am going to get the basics right first and then find out what each does before touching them. One thing I must say that I am really enjoying this and when i got the 1:49 I was really chuffed. I know it is slow in comparison to a lot of people but to me it is a milestone that I am improving. Also thank you to everyone that has helped me on here so far as really enjoying being part of this community.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good to hear you are settling in with us Andre and getting to grips with car setup. Don't feel you can't ask any question about this subject, as you will always get a positive response from our members. We were all beginners just like you once upon a time. :)

• Like Like x 2