Assetto Corsa Comp Tuesday Night Racing poll vote is closed. Now the test thread

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 7, 2020.

?

What type of racing would you like to see for the next Tuesday Night racing series?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2020.
  1. 30 min

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. 60 min

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. multi class gt3/gt4

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Single class GT4

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  5. single class GT3

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Single car : Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  7. Single car Ginetta G55 GT4

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

To get the best out our ACC experience I will put it to the drivers (all of you!)
    Keep in mind we also have a Saturday ACC series that will have the regular GT3 or a GT3/GT4 multi class so keep that in mind when voting for Tuesday Night racing !
    Also feel free to list your favorite tracks

2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Butthurt (Bathurts) definitely :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. 30 Minutes (due to ending late otherwise) and GT3 for me, as there are plenty of cars I still want to try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Would like to try the GT4s so voted for that (or Ginetta)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Happy to try the GT4s as I haven't made use of them yet, even though I suspect I'm rubbish at them. Same car sounds fun, but I'm happy with any car choice really. I just like driving.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

So far looks like 30 min races are the fave .. & its a tie between the 2 single series offered Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup & Ginetta G55 GT4 .. ! we have another week or so to decide so get your votes in ! ..

7. Henri Miettinen

What I have tested GT4 cars they are pretty poring except Maserati. Imo that porsche cup is the best car in the ACC. It's not easy to when you drive it first time, but when you can handle it, is so enjoyable to drive. But that's only my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

When this series starts?

9. Rob Milliken

The voting ends this Sunday !
    Thanks all for contributing to the poll !
    So far it looks like A 30 min Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup Championship !
    I know we cant please everyone all the time but I'm hoping with the polls we can at least get to vote on what you the members would like to race !
    Thanks !

10. Rob Milliken

The next Tuesday night championship with be starting the first Tuesday In October Tuesday Oct 6th 19:00=Q - 19:15 race

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Ok gents looks like we have a winner !!
    Tuesday Night ACC Porsche Cup Championship !
    30 min sprints . Im also trying to get the series live broadcasted !
    Early registration is now open
    (promotion later) :)

Don't forget to chime in for the Saturday ACC series VOTE

Thx !

• Like Like x 2
  12. Henri Miettinen

Can we get reserve grid every race except round one?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Sorry no reverse grid ,if that's what you mean ? ;)
    I like the idea tho !
    so round 2 would have the top 10 reversed ? hmmm don't know of a way to do that in the cfg .. it would have to be done manually :eek: ..

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  14. Henri Miettinen

Yeah i meant that :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Henri Miettinen

There is defaultGridPosition value in entrylist file, you need also remove quali session then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

If there is no reverse grid as suggested by Henri, we'll all just be chasing a distance behind him in the races. :eek:

However, I'm not sure how it will work with people not on the entry list.

Easy to build an entry list reversing the top 10 in championship position, and then add the rest of the championship, but if some join in round 2 who didn't drive in round 1, not sure where they would be placed, or if it would just be randomly assigned at the back of the grid.

17. Rob Milliken

This is also my concern , I do like the idea if we can find a way to deal with players not in the previous round . I know a little but not a lot about the .jsons & we have an entry list created after every session . I know its still a bit buggy effecting driver swaps & all ..
    I have a few questions that need to be answered if we are going to try this:
    The first race of the series will have a q session & server will have 'dump entrylist' on and this will be a normal P,Q ,R session ..
    Race 2 would have 1 P session (on day2) and the race session No Q & entrylist will be used to set reverse grid .
    Sounds simple yes ..BUT to allow the entrylist to do its thing we need to enforce the line
    ],
    "forceEntryList": 1
    }
    However when doing this any new player NOT on the entry list will not be allowed or able to join the server at all .. so My first question would be can the reverse grid assignments edited to the entry list still work if the ("forceEntryList": 0 = off ) is turned off so all players can join?
    this could get messy :D..

What about adding bop to top 3 for next round ? with the new formula an admin can simply do it from the session using the admin co
    /restrictor
    car race number
    % restrictor
    Sets the car’s restrictor (in %) to what you defined. This overrides any other restrictor this car has been assigned. Range is 0 to 20.
    Example: /restrictor 113 7 will give car #113 7% restrictor, resulting in roughly 7% less hp at max rpm.
    mmands :

Any thoughts on this ?

18. Henri Miettinen

Need to test that reverse grid without force entrylist. I'm not huge fan of restrictor, because usually top guys are so consistent that it won't make more battles in race, it just make the second place driver in first race to first in second quali and race etc.

19. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Don't see why you would need to have forceentrylitst activate to allow the defaultGridPosition entry to work

I'd assume a simple entry list of GUID and default position would be enough

Code:
    {
       "entries": [
          {
             "drivers": [
                 {
                       "playerID": "S765611xxxxxxxxxx1"
                  }
             ],
              "defaultGridPosition": 5
            }   
          {
             "drivers": [
                 {
                       "playerID": "S765611xxxxxxxxxx1"
                  }
             ],
              "defaultGridPosition": 4
            }   
    }
     ],
    "forceEntryList": 0
    }

However, I am only guessing and don't know for sure.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  20. Henri Miettinen

Maybe we can test it? Need few guys and put some in entrylist with defaultgridposition, and some not.