UK TCR 2018 FF1600 Series

Discussion in 'UK TCR 2018 Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Ken Jagger

Round 1 Silverstone National
    Server is up

3. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

look like fun:)

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

These thing are little monsters :D You'd think they would have more grip

5. Ken Jagger

I've not tried them since the initial testl I did for the new series, so I'm hoping that the setup changes I used for the Touring Car race will also work for these, seeing as they seem to have very similar power off/oversteer characteristics.

6. Nuno Gaiteira

Nuno Gaiteira Pro Driver

package not available????? any help please?

7. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Double check you have the right track and car package.

Package not available means you have something missing that is usually the track or cars or the wrong version.

9. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

There was an upgrade to the Silverstone track in January

it works for me, I checked it a moment ago

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nuno Gaiteira

Nuno Gaiteira Pro Driver

problem solved. thank you mates

11. Ken Jagger

Round 2 Knockhill
    Server is up

12. Ken Jagger

MANY, MANY apologies for spoiling Philipp's race tonight and to Henry also in the FF1600 at Knockhill.
    Philipp was close behind me coming over the top of the pit straight and after checking the replay, the excessive camber there pulled me across in front of him which started the incident in the first place. After I hit the barrier and was trying to recover to the track, I checked for approaching cars and got back on the track but the car bogged down and poor Philipp couldn't avoid hitting me :(
    I think Michael and John also got caught up in the aftermath, so I owe them something in the future. Really sorry guys. I was punished for it with a dead engine, so that's something for the affected guys to smile at!

13. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

It´s ok Ken, I was clearly disappointed afterwards but it´s just a game/simulationen and everybody makes a misjudgement from time to time.

The problem for me was that I couldn´t see you because your car was behind the pit wall. So I saw the yellow flag and searched the reason for it but there was none. And suddenly there was a car on track. (The fact that chassis is so high or rather the seat positon so low is not helping to see whats direct in front of you)

And the only thing I smile at was that the pit crew actual gave me a new wheel with suspension and working brake :p So I could continue until I spun my car on a gravel bank. Not really my day but maybe tomorrow on an oval. See you there ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Henry Drury

Henry Drury Pro Driver

@Ken Jagger no problem, That’s racing!
    The problem with Knockhill is just the bumps and camber, when we were side by side on the pitstraight it drops off massively and there was just nowhere to go!
    Looking forward to Brands!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

As a reminder, you are required to use your real name when participating in SRO events. Last night someone raced with the name "slipknotted". Whoever you are, your results will be disqualified unless you tell us who you are.

16. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

Hi Ken & Admins, thanks for counting my result sorry about the name, all changed and ready for the next round :D

-also thanks for the good racing to everyone in the championship, it was a good night :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

Round 3 Brands Hatch GP
    Server is up

18. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Round 3 Brands Hatch GP...

...after seven laps, when the fun started... ... connection lost :confused:

Unlucky series for me

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

Sad to see Michal go out so soon when he is one of the main challengers for this series.Once Zac got past me at the start I knew I wouldn't be able to hold onto him and settled in for run to 4th, but when Michal went out it was for 3rd. In the first part of the race my car felt good again, after something didn't feel right in Qual (I think I changed something in practice and didn't revert back, overwriting my setup in the process), but then instead of continuing to pull away from Ed, the gap stayed about the same and my car felt like it didn't want to turn in as positively or let me get back on the throttle as strongly as I wanted. It was weird because although the front tyres were very hot, the wear indicator was telling me I had plenty of tyre life left in them.

It was a strange feeling compared to the Silverstone & Knockhill races when the car wanted to swap ends at the slightest chance, completely opposite to this race. o_O

Grats to Henry & Zac on a strong run to 1st/2nd :)

20. Ken Jagger

Round 4 Castle Combe
    Server is up