UK TCR 2018 Touring Car Series

Discussion in 'UK TCR 2018 Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Never mind, found the answers online :D

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Since I have no idea what a good lap is with these, can someone give me a target time for Silverstone National with this mod?

4. Ken Jagger

No idea yet Roy as I only did track/mod testing when putting the series together and didn't focus on lap times. I'll put the server up tomorrow so we should see some practice times before the race :)

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Thanks. BTW, not sure the tyres will last a 30 minute race. Could be the set-up tough :D

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

What wizardy is this? o_O Even the hard tyres only last 15 laps or so at race speed. That's 15 minutes. Don't tell me we need to do pitstops with these...
    Even driving like my granny doesn't improve tyre wear.
    If the traction control and ABS were to be set to factory they do however last 30 minutes. Seems there is something wrong with RF2 fysics or this mod is rubbish.

7. Ken Jagger

These cars are a bit "edgy" it's true, which is one of the reasons I chose this mod. I've just done 20 laps, admittedly not pushing to the extreme and driving to preserve the front tyres and ended up only using 1 block of tyre wear from the front left, with a best time of 1.01.004.
    I find the car very sensitive to the throttle, particularly when lifting off, so have adapted my driving style to get the car settled before the turn-in and then use the throttle carefully to modulate the car attitude through the whole entry, mid, exit phase of the turns.

8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Yeah, 1.01 is granny speed :p Pitstop is 45 sec or thereabout. So I have to do 59.5 constant to be at the same endtime. Easy. :rolleyes:

So back to working on a good setup... Got a bout 68 hours to race start. That's about 4000 testlaps :D

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Ok, think I solved it. Apparently I have to setup my wheel completely different for RF2. It acted like an on/off switch before. Now its smoother. Tyre deg down to 2% per lap. No need for a pitstop and I kicked granny from the car. Happy camper.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Going to do some comparison tests between the different makes of cars tomorrow. But I've got a sneaky suspicion they are all evenly matched.

11. Ken Jagger

Would you like to provide the info on your wheel settings Roy, in case anybody else has the same issue you did :)

12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Well, as you know I mainly use Assetto Corsa, so the software for my wheel/pedal combo is setup for that. I assumed that the profile for AC and RF2 would be the same. Not so. Apparently the game (RF2) automaticly set the steeringrate at 180°, so 90° each way. Not very good if you try to be smooth with a nervous car like this. So I made a separate software file for RF2 and check the setting every time I start up the game.

13. Ken Jagger

In rF2 there is an option in \Settings\controls\ called "Vehicle Set" which if ticked uses the car mod's own steering setting rather than the one you define in your wheel controller. Click it to "X" which will use your wheel settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

SHIT! Missed the race tonight. Stupid doctor. Sorry guys

15. Ken Jagger

ROUND 2 Knockhill server is up

16. Sergio Casanovas

Sergio Casanovas Pro Driver Donator

What a nice mod to drive in a fantastic race!. Hope to make for all the races left in this champ.
    Thnx.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

I wasn't expecting this track to provide so much good racing but it delivered in bucketfuls!

My previous practice was limited to 3 laps to test the server was working ok, so when I arrived online 1hr before race start and saw the 1.55's I thought it would be tough to get anywhere near those time. Fortunately my Silverstone Natl setup wasn't far out, once I'd got a feel for the track with a few laps under my belt. A couple of adjustments to the setup gave me a lot more confidence to push harder, resulting in 1.55's for me too and then a dip into the 1.54's.

An average Qual resulted in 5th place, but then I got a rear-end slide going through T1 on L2 of the race, dropping me back into a race long tussle involving Michael, John, Germano and Ed at various times. Thanks for the fun guys :) I kept getting back ahead of John & Germano but then blowing it by trying too hard to close the gap to Zsolt. A 7th place was probably better than my driving deserved!

Looking forward to more fun with the Radicals at the same track tomorrow:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

Apologies for missing the race tonight, cut it a bit too close this time...

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

ROUND 4 Castle Combe
    Server is up

20. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

:mad: It is official. I can't keep my tail on this track. And it is a FWD :confused:
    One lap completed at every 10 started :eek:
    When I see it first time I tough (full of hope): "What a nice track, what nice line. Had two chicane but nobody is perfect. Maybe this is the one"
    And now after a few laps togheter ... %$#@*&^%% f -- k y-u ugly track. I hope never see you again, my worst nightmare.
    PS Still trying :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1