Automobilista Ultima GTR Owners Club Info

Discussion in 'Ultima GTR Owners Club Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 24, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Ken Jagger

Ultima GTR
    [​IMG]
    Overview
    Manufacturer
    Ultima Sports Ltd
    Designer Lee Noble (preceding Sports model) and Ted Marlow
    Body and chassis
    Class
    Sports car
    Body style 2-door coupe
    Layout Rear mid-engine, rear-wheel drive
    Dimensions
    Length
    4,000 mm (157.5 in)
    Width 1,850 mm (72.8 in)
    Height 1,070 mm (42.1 in)
    Kerb weight 990 kg (2,183 lb)
    Chronology
    Predecessor
    Ultima Sport
    Successor Ultima Evolution
    The Ultima GTR is a super car manufactured by Ultima Sports Ltd of Hinckley, Leicestershire, England, and described by commentators as a supercar.[2][3] The car was available both in kit form and as a "turnkey" (i.e. assembled by the factory) vehicle until early 2015, when it was replaced by the Ultima Evolution. The design is mid engined, rear wheel drive layout, with a tubular steel space frame chassis and GRP bodywork. A convertible version called the Ultima Can-Am was also produced. Kit builders were free to source and fit a variety of engines and transmissions but the Chevrolet small block V8 supplied by American Speed mated to either a Porsche or Getrag transaxle was the factory recommended standard, and this configuration was fitted to all turnkey cars.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

This series uses the Road Car Standard model ONLY

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

In 1997 I went up to Hinckley to take a look at the Ultima. I was taken out on a 10 mile test drive in the Ultima Spyder which I think was driven by Ted. The grip of the car and the acceleration was awesome. I was thinking of buying the kit and building myself one but later that year I bought a TVR Griffith 500. I did get to drive the Spyder for about half a mile just outside the supermarket next to the factory. Well I say factory it was a very small unit on a small industrial estate. I also helped push start an Ultima GTR which was being test driven by another customer and sadly wasn't available. It was a fantastic day and the drive to and from Hinckley in my TVR S1 was excellent. What a day!

This is the car I drove

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Previous/UltimaSpyder

:)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Pro Driver

and i think that the real one and simracing it it is nothing similar......

• Agree Agree x 1