rFactor 2 URD T5 2018 DTM lovers unite !

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Rob Milliken, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

URD has finally released the long awaited 2018 DTM T5 mod !!!!! Desktop Screenshot 2018.11.16 - 13.04.38.12.jpg
    woooohooo

2. Rob Milliken

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2018.11.16 - 13.57.50.61.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well ... how is it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Is that worth to buy?

5. Rob Milliken

I will report back after some laps .. I only had the chance to spin a few so far ..
    I can say I did enjoy the 2 or 3 laps I did :D.. Keeping in mind these cars have a lot of downforce I was able to push it pretty hard & it felt great !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Looking forward to a new DTM series with this mod, I will participate when I can.

7. Rob Milliken

2019 FKR SRO DTM series is on my planner .. :D

8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Like that Rob :)

9. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

You can get this for 20% less if you use blackweekend on checkout right now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Guys give me some Ideas for tracks for the FKR 2019 DTM champ !

11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

upload_2018-11-25_22-41-54.png
    :):):);)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

I found the 2019 season .. A few changes & they do still have the 2 Hockenheim's .. Desktop Screenshot 2018.11.25 - 14.22.56.58.jpg
    Do we have all these tracks in rf2 ? :)

13. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Have they abandoned the originally planned joint race with the Super GT500 series in Japan? Or maybe it's just a non-points scoring event as far as the DTM is concerned?

14. Rob Milliken

Found this ..

DTM's future has been thrown into doubt by Mercedes' decision to quit at the end of the 2018 season in favour of a works entry in Formula E.

Opinions have been split over whether DTM can survive with only two manufacturers, with series chairman Gerhard Berger reckoning it can, but Audi insisting the series needs a third brand.

The departure of Mercedes has reignited talks between DTM and the Japan-based Super GT championship over a common set of regulations called 'Class One'.

In a bid to lure Japanese manufacturers to join Audi and BMW, DTM is set to adopt four-cylinder, two-litre turbo engines, as well as chassis compatible with Super GT's GT500 class from 2019.

However, Class One regulations need to be further aligned, as Super GT cars are currently designed to run endurance races, and do not use control tyres like DTM's Hankooks.

During the Frankfurt Auto Show in September, meetings with representatives from outside manufacturers reportedly took place, but BMW chief Marquardt reckons a new manufacturer would have a tough time being ready to enter DTM in 2019.

He said: "2019 will be a transition year. We need to have a look at the Class One regulations again to see whether we need to adjust them again.

15. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

I posted the 2018 calendar because the mod is for the same year.
    What day / hour are you planning on running the series @Rob Milliken ? Hopefully saturday evenings (hint ;))

• Agree Agree x 1