Vote for sims and nights

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Sim Racing Online, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

HI all I am looking for some feedback please.

Do you like club events?
    What sim do you like to race on most?
    Would you like more league?
    What leagues do you like?
    What nights do you prefer to run on?
    What times are best for you?

Please answer as I am trying to make SRO better but I can only do so with your help

2. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Hi Wayne,

No for club nights for me. I'm all for the competition in leagues. It tells a story or that's what I like to think so. I like to learn to know a car racing in it for several rounds.

The first ac league here is on saturdays, not an easy day to be present every single round due to social obligations during the weekend. I' m more for a sunday, monday, tuesday or thursday.
    What i do like about the league is the fact that there's two weeks between an event. Enough time to try to dial in a gt3 with all its setup options. I'm a slow learner so i can use the time to practise. Too bad there's so much modtracks in the tracklist certainly considering the quality of the laserscanned content kunos has provided us with. But good to know the calendar so early though!

Don't want to sound harsh, just my 2 cents. Hell, I m gonna look at my calendar and see if there's room to fit in this league. If so, i become premium member and try to attend as much rounds as possible. Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Irrespective of individual preference for Club or League, I think club events could also be used for checking out new sims/mods/tracks/formats as an additional barometer on members preferences. I like them.

At the moment, since the demise of R2P, I am looking to race the usual sims dependent on what's available at the right time. If backed into a corner it's probably rF2.

Yes more Leagues, but not too many.

"What Leagues..." - Do you mean here or other simracing sites? I don't quite understand the question? Can you be more specific?

Saturday/Sunday afternoons! :) Seriously for nights only, it would be Tues, Wed, Thurs.

Weekdays start time for up-to 60min races - 18:00 or 19:00
    Weekends between 15:00-18:00 for up-to 2hr races

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Do you like club events?
    Not so much. I feel they are just "one off's" and only serve as a thing to do when you're bored.
    rFactor 1 / rFactor 2 / Assetto Corsa. But I like to do new stuff and be inventive about the the cars you drive. GT3 is being done everywhere and holds nothing new.
    Absolutely. They have the excitment of building points event to event. It has structure.
    I only know of 1 right now and that is the GEAR leaque. There is nothing else going on.
    Normally I only drive on weekends. Saturday or sunday night. Doesn't matter to me.
    From 17.00 to 11.00 pm GMT

I would like longer races then the 90 minutes. But there would have to be big grids and exciting mods/tracks. Those would have to be special events, not as a norm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Agree totally.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Yup your first and third answer just sums it all up imo.

7. Matt Horst

Matt Horst Pro Driver Donator

Do you like club events?
    -There ok but i do prefer leagues.I tend to focus on a league when involved in one to the point i ignore all club racing.
    -rfactor 2,R3E
    -Yes but most of the time leagues are outside my preferred time/availability.
    -Endurance leagues with driver swaps or longer single driver races.
    -Prefer Saturdays or weekdays late.
    -Anytime Saturdays,Sunday mornings,weekdays later in the evening.My time zone GMT/UTC -05:00 (USA east coast)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

I like to drive league races. it gives me something to aim for during the week ,working at setups and getting to know the car and Track.

rFactor 1 / rFactor 2 / Assetto Corsa/R3E

8pm is good for me most nights especially on Sundays as i have to drop off my Son at his mothers :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Neil Larson

Neil Larson Pro Driver

Well, yes club racing is fine. My main concern, and I knew this when I signed up, is the start times. Checking the schedule shows most week day races starting in the middle of my afternoon ( US, EST ). Like I said, I knew this going in, but something on the weekends would be nice. But even then I work every 3rd Saturday so that means no commitment to a league series. I'm partial to Assetto Corsa, R3E and rFactor2. How about some LFS and pull over some of those Absolute Beginner guys? Just a thought, thanks for asking....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Hunter

Ken Hunter Pro Driver

Do you like club events?
    They could be good to hone your own driving skills and gather info on mods and tracks
    rFactor 2 (although i have most)
    For sure
    Endurance races ....Nascar....Indycar....Openwheelers
    Any night or day
    Any time is good

What i would like to see is larger grid turnouts and that of course means races that attract participation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Once we have the automatic signup and results system up in March (hopefully), grids will get bigger anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I like club events but with easy cars that don't require setup changes or very few, for example Abarth 500, Alfa Romeo Mito QV, Giulietta QV, etc. You understood that I was thinking of street cars. I'm not really fond of tracks that are outside from Kunos. For the cars, it depends.

I am devoted to Assetto Corsa and would like to play DiRt Rally as soon as it works well for me.

For leagues, sure. I think I could participate at one league or at maximum two leagues at the same time, for example with four days of distance between one league and the other league events.

I like GT3/GT2 cars, Formula Abarth, Formula 3 and vintage cars.

If I'm completely jetlagged, I would be more in shape for night events.

The best times for me are one, two hours after awakening. This is where I can do my best usually, but since most of you are at work during the day, I would say between 5 PM and 8 PM GMT.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ken Hunter

Ken Hunter Pro Driver

Please bring on more oval racing

• Like Like x 1