Assetto Corsa Comp World GT FKR GT3 Sprint Series 3 Round 5 Brand Hatch

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Sprint Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, May 27, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  2. Rob Milliken

Round 5 Finds us at the infamous Brands Hatch !
    Not a lot of elbow room here so we all need to be on our toes !
    For this round we will go back to the NORMAL IN GAME SHORT FORM LAP!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Pro Driver

Graphic says 70 minutes length, not 75?

4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

5. Rob Milliken

It was my mistake ! lol senile ..
    Fixed .. gota love 3dpaint ..lol

6. James Houghton

James Houghton Pro Driver

Evening all, hoping to join you all tomorrow night at Brands if there is room. Not sure if i need do anything before then (apologies if this info is somewhere staring me in the face, i've had a quick look and couldn't see anything) but please give me a shout if i do.

7. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Track limits are something else at Brands...did some race practice and got warned for cutting a dozen times over 40min.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

Hi James ! Glad to have you join us! everything you need to know is on the banner above ! if you have not joined a private server before you MUST use the search bar & simply type simracingonline .
    There’s plenty of room !
    At some point in the next 12 hrs the server will switch over to the race day password ! You will see it on the race event page in championships !
    Also , Make sure you have had a look at the SRO rules thread as well ! Any questions feel free to ask ! See you on track !:D

9. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Still no password for the race on the event page :oops:

10. Rob Milliken

Use default practice pw until the race day PW is put up .. it will changed within the hour .,.

11. Rob Milliken

Offical practice session is now open ! race day PW set on the event info page !

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

server mumbles something stupid about safety rating...
    i have just bought game, got no clue, but cant join server :C

13. Rob Milliken

The server only needs the password all the railings are off .. try and do 3+ laps off line & see if it lets you in ? If your game is that new that might be what you need !

14. James Houghton

James Houghton Pro Driver

I probably won't make tonights Race after all chaps, apologies. Ive built a new sim rig and only just finished getting everything back together so will wait until the last round.

Happy racing folks

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

bleh, sorry to whoever collected me at Druids, I got on the marbles and spun and before I could get out of the way someone hit me and spun me the opposite way, then another car hit me at the front and spun me back again... total nightmare

to finish it off the game CTD a few laps later with the common UE4 error :-(

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  16. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Sorry gents, blame me, blame whomever I'm at a point where I just don't care anymore :) Analyze the replays pass judgment but I guess it's just not working out for me here. I clearly have a different understanding of racing rules.

Bumper cars and repeated ignoring of this here rule, is not for me.

Sim Racing Online Racing Rules And Regulations

CP races just seem miles cleaner in my experience here so far.

Over and out.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Totally gutted, was having a brilliant race fighting in the top 6 the whole race and enjoying a cracking battle with Kristow towards the end...then got my first disco in ACC with 20mins remaining :mad::( So cheesed off, feel totally robbed of a great result :(

18. Ibrahim Atta

Ibrahim Atta Pro Driver

Well after being take out at Nurburgring and no penalty for the fault car I decided not to qualify and guess what I had a clean race.
    Started 21/22 and finished 7th. Kept my SA@99 and RC up 1 to 92. CN was difficult due to loads of incidents in front but stable a @92.

If drivers could take this ratings seriously it might just help. I think Assetto Corsa Competizione got it right with the rating system.
    I know a lot of people knock it but it makes perfect sense if you really understand racing and are invested in Simulation racing.

Hope a few have learnt a lesson from this race. If you haven't watch my race from the back and watch carefully how I never put the driver in front or myself in a risky position.
    Imagine you are racing a real car with potential to kill or cause serious injury!!!.

@Rob, I knew from 2 laps before you where going to spin in front of me, so I did the best I could but it seems you where well bent on coming for me, luckily I'm good so the damage was minimal.
    It took about 5 laps to figure out what was damaged on my car but it was to late to give chase to Simon who drove excellent by the way.

Really good race. See you at Zolder

• Like Like x 3
  19. Ibrahim Atta

Ibrahim Atta Pro Driver

Disqualified for what may I ask?

20. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Pro Driver

Good read Atta - going to have a look at the replay from your view.
    Had a good race myself. Managed to get cleanly out of laps 1 and 2 and from then on it was just a slog really. Stay on track, be consistent, don't make any mistakes. Managed to do all of that fairly well and ended up on 8th. Very good result for me.

• Like Like x 1