Assetto Corsa Comp ACC Test Server/ Fun Runs! !

Discussion in 'SRO Announcements' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob I would've expected all sims, not just ACC, to respond correctly to RW Tuning/setup changes, otherwise if they don't then it doesn't say much about their physics model does it.

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes but do they ? like in rf2 loose is fast , not so much with the real GT3's as the downforce needs stiffness to actually work effectively .. you can't just drop all the dampers and soften it up like rf2 , (you would never be able to do that in the real gt3's ) it will bottom out and mess up the aro .. .. that's just one example .. keep in mind this is all modeled after the Blancpain rule set , with direct input from both race engineers and drivers ... Very good reading in the ACC dev Blogs .. Now add the fact that this is a one class sim with a dozen or so cars to model ..
    Kunos stated himself that with AC they had the same generic psyx to cover all the different cars ( same as rf2) not that realistic but they had to because of all the mods .. = generic psyx cover the FWD's and the formula cars o_O (tru story bro) ./ RF2 is in the same boat .. With ACC kunos had the luxury of being able to spend the time needed on what exactly is going on with the gt3 car class psyx (as its only one class) and all the while getting feed back from the real mechanics & drivers from the different manufactures engineers … They have the key to the castle with the blancpain license ..

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Cool race. Lots of fun ... untill I got a drive through penalty for cutting the track for the third time. All done in the second chicane. I outbraked myself one time too many ... :)
    Grats to G. for the win!

Have to say ... what a great sim this is. Really like it. Top quality!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Yes , I was well off pace today but the sim is just awesome to drive !!

5. John vd Geest

Again, I had no HUD during the race. No info on fuel, tires and racing position. Everything was gone. Does anybody know how to fix that?

6. Rob Milliken

Hmmm no , you have them in off line ? the pit menu /timeings menus need to be mapped as you need to cycle threw the pages , but the tac and speedo are fixed by turning them on in the UI, also you have 2 or 3 pages (depending on the car) of the actual dash board gauges (they all work), I can change to the page that shows fuel used / fuel left ,or switch to the tire page ect.. these are in the real car and cycled via mapped buttons ..

7. John vd Geest

Oke, I'll try that.

8. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Just copy paste to the desired folder. Setups are "individual" so each car has a folder with the track name.

9. Rob Milliken

see here :
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2019.08.04 - 01.14.43.84.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2019.08.04 - 01.13.40.34.jpg

10. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

After your DQ for pit lane speeding did you go out and come back with a new car?
    That is how I lost my HUD during the previous race. It is the only time it has happened to me.

11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

How do you pull up the pit menu when in the car?

12. Rob Milliken

Check the screens above , those all need to be mapped ... once you have them mapped the pit menu is attached to the menu on the left , it will cycle the leaderboard by position , leaderboard by times , then theirs a page that lets you turn stuff off /on like the ignition, lights ,TC ectt.. & then the last page is the pit menu (only will show in a Q or race session). The other mapped buttons change the pages on the cars real dash & also on the secondary time display to switch from sectors / total time / ectt..

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. John vd Geest

Is this with the new Beta patch for tires?

14. Rob Milliken

1.0.7 has the new tire model yes ..

15. Rob Milliken

The vanishing hud thing is real tho as it's happening to a few players … so far the only way to fix it is to leave the server & rejoin .

16. John vd Geest

It only happens in the "race" session for me, not during practice or qual.

17. Rob Milliken

It also happened to me last night on the server when going to Q ..

18. Rob Milliken

I have just updated the server exe to 1.0.7 v2 , this is a server side only update that came out today .. maybe this will solve the vanishing hud ..

19. Rob Milliken

In the forums its says hitting F2 will bring them back … so worth a try next time it happens ( I feel if you have them mapped its the same as hitting f2 but who knows)

20. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Is it possible to adjust the server long practice time but short Q and race in weekdays?