rFactor 2 Alfa Romeo World Challenge

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo World Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Ken Jagger

The final round at Le Mans will earn double points for any member who has completed i.e. still running at the Chequered Flag, all the first five races in the series. Any retirement in any race will mean double points are not earned.

3. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

4. Ken Jagger

This is actually a different mod from the same author, but as he states in the Steam Workshop he has not updated the mod we were using and this mod has improved track versions, then I will change the link for the race to this version.
    Thanks for highlighting it Neil.

5. Neil Wood

thankfully the tracks are packed as individual rfcmps

6. Neil Wood

Are the external sounds very loud in comparison to cockpit for anyone else?

7. Ken Jagger

Do you mean the sound when viewing outside the car or the other effects sounds?

8. Neil Wood

trackside cam sound. i'm trying to balance my audio.

9. Ken Jagger

I think the engine sound was higher than usual when watching the replay, but can't be certain and didn't notice other sounds being higher.

10. Neil Wood

#18 Neil Wood

Just saying :D

11. Neil Wood

Last round... and only 3 people eligible for double points! If only we had more than 10 cars on track!
    Can we have LeMans sessions set to early evening?? :D

12. Ken Jagger

The session start times are set in the track files and we do not modify these default files at SRO. We only set the actual start time for the race itself which is an rF2 server configuration option. There can be issues with performance with increased shadow details from low level sunlight which create a greater demand on the PC, dependant of course on the capability of individual machines. What start time did you have in mind Neil?

If anyone running this event anticipates problems for their PC if we change the start time from the typical 13:00/14:00 to later, please respond to this discussion.

13. Neil Wood

I think it doesn't get too dark at LeMans anyway, it may look nice at 15:00 or so?

14. Ken Jagger

OK can do