Assetto Corsa Comp World GT FKR GT3 sprint series 3

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Sprint Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hmmm, interesting.

I'll look into it a bit more but I did a quick five lap race at the weekend, everything on low detail settings.

Admittedly It was a wet race (but I had special effects switched off) and the framerate was just awful. Maybe 10-15fps something like that.

If anything happened in front of me (car spinning for example) the game simply froze for a second or two.

I'll try a few more things but I may have to drop out if my PC can't handle this sim, sorry.

It's odd though, I can run Project Cars 2 at high or ultra on everything, RF2 on high settings as well (Raceroom at 4k on Ultra but that's DX9 so doesn't count! lol). both with about 25-30 cars. So I'm assuming that ACC just has a huge amount of detail to process maybe.

I'll keep working on it though, fingers crossed. I'll also do a dry race, maybe it's as simple as that.

2. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Not sure what you mean that your PC is good "speed wise" ? Is that CPU or GPU ? Because when you speak about high settings here those or graphical settings.
    For ACC you need a fast CPU, because the physics computation is heavier than in other titles. So it looks like the CPU is your bottleneck. And because of that you will likely not be able to run ACC smoothly.

3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Try to different type of antialiasing

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yes it could very well be. I'll run some more tests and see how I go.

The main processor is an i7 so it should be ok more or less but you have a valid point.

I remember it being fine on the beta versions but that was one car release situations so understandable. In other words I didn't have 20 cars running around.

Up until now all the sims I race on have been fine but ACC is a huge leap detail wise so I can understand if I have issues.

I have been looking at upgrading but it won't happen for a year at least now. The company I work for have put us all on minimum wage. Mainly to protect the company going under during this dark period at the moment, so I have to be careful for a while :)

Thanks for the advice though, I will do some more practice later and see if I can improve things, it maybe something simple I've missed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

With the latest updates am also at the limits of my CPU. My graphics card is also considered "minimal" but changing the settings there has very little effect.
    To try to get the most out of my CPU I made a couple of batch files that cut all the tasks and services that I do not need to run the game.
    What I found strange is that my problems only occur online. The AI does not seem to be a problem.

6. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Question:
    How many tyre sets are allowed per event?

7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

For now its open to as many as you need ..The race has 1 mandatory stop with 4 tire change ..
    At this time there is no server setting to change the number of available tire sets like you can off line so no way to restrict them in MP for now ..:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi all! :D
    I am totally new here, so may i ask one silly question.
    How are you setting up the Teams for your ACC events, it seems you also have a Team rating there?
    I just could not figure out if i can start my own team or if this is just on invitation.
    Do you also use some other servers besides the series events for racing / practicing? I would love to meet some guys from the community during casual ACC racing!
    And btw: Do you have any Voice chat established someone might join during a race or practice? - I saw that text chat is strictly forbidden so i would be happy to join any voice chat ;)
    cheers Christian

9. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Post your team name and driver names in this thread.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/creating-a-new-team.2942/page-3#post-32297

When one race finishes it is changed for the next race.
    The ACC server is online 24/7

TeamSpeak you can find all of the info here.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/forums/teamspeak-servers.119/

I would also suggest looking at these video's.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/forums/how-to-signup-enter-a-race-and-find-results.298/

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

Question for Rob i think, is the start time staying as 8:15 GMT? didn't realise but UK are now in BST which means start is getting a bit late for a 75min race, might even struggle with the short series at that time. Could I just check if you intend to move the time back the hour at any point? Cheers

11. Rob Milliken

No ,the time is correct ..so its 20:00 GMT for Q 1 hr later ..
    The next series, series 4 , will start at 19:00 with 90 min races ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian Mentin

Thanks Nigel!

13. Christian Mentin

Hi Rob,
    One question. Is there a reasoning why the grid seems 32 cars for all races? Just asking, because I am interested if its limited by the game itself or from organizational reasons? I saw ACC with i think 80+ cars on SPA already xD - not funny.
    Especially your ACC series, its unfortunatly quite well booked so i am actually "red-lighted".
    For the next time i will try to sign up early ;)
    cheers Christian

14. Rob Milliken

Yes , we only have a 32 slot server so we are at the max ;-( ..

15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

That's interesting, I thought the game was limited to a maximum number of cars due the game engine. Or is that AI races only? I remember it being one of the negative things when the game was first launched. Purely because of course the real races can have 50+ cars in most cases.

I'd hate to think of the online issues with 80+ cars! haha.

Just to add to my comments above, I think I know what's happening. All of a sudden I realised this morning...I run a SLI setup on the graphics. Maybe the issue I'm having with poor performance is the fact the game is accidentally only using one card, because I didn't have this problem with the beta versions. That would make sense as when that happened with Assetto Corsa once it was stuttery as hell! lol.

So Christian if I can't sort this easily I'll be off the list and you'l move up one place matey.

16. Christian Mentin

Thx a lot, but it seems someone else unregisterd so i am a green light for Paul Richard now ;) - nice!

17. Christian Mentin

18. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Three races coming up and so little time to practise. But I don't want to miss this one. It will be learning on the job.
    Does Paul Ricard have any corners? All I can remember is an 8 mile straight :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

Unfortunately due to the change to BST in UK I'll probably not make this now. Just trying to work out if I can. I'll try and still do the Tuesday races that are shorter.
    Sods law the races that start too early for me have moved with BST so still too early and the one I can make hasn't so its gone too late :confused:

20. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

That's right John, no corners. Just one straight 75 minutes long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1